Page 710 of 710 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710
Results 7,091 to 7,093 of 7093

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Quote Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
    could anyone offer any current news on slidell la?
    If you use the Advanced Search feature you can do a search Supercharger Slidell and get to the thread.
    Y8u can save a search as well. I have supercharger, Title only, sort by date descending as my saved search to check on Supercharger threads.

It's open, BTW.
    Not a Model S owner, just obsessively following Tesla and the advance of EVs.

Quote Originally Posted by AudubonB View Post
    Here is a pic I lifted from this morning's posting in the Euro-SpC rollout thread. It comes from photos of the new Danish site at Slagelse. Have I not been paying attention <who - me?>, or is this something we've not seen in NoAm SpC builds?

Does anyone think these pre-cast concrete pieces will be installed vertically as at present, or will they be a base platform for the charging towers?

I can't clearly see the smaller plugs that appear in the front face - those which are not the orange conduit. Has anyone a good explanation for all this?
    Attachment 110443
    I think these precast units will be a time-saver for Supercharger installation.
    With enough sand/gravel at the bottom of each freshly dug hole, these become virtually frozen-ground heave-resistant.
    They already have the conduit cast in-place with the holes for the two stanchions.
    And mounts for lifting rings.
    Flexible type conduit at the ground level makes hook-up more adaptable/easier.
    Precast makes everything much easier/quicker to install.

No need for concrete add-mixtures for very wet or very cold conditions, just a bit of cost for shipping and installing the pre-cast/fabricated units.
    Oh, and they could be re-used and re-positioned at a future date should a change in layout be required.

Maybe they could start using these in U.S. Supercharger locations?

Quote Originally Posted by purplewalt View Post
    I think these precast units will be a time-saver for Supercharger installation.
    With enough sand/gravel at the bottom of each freshly dug hole, these become virtually frozen-ground heave-resistant.
    They already have the conduit cast in-place with the holes for the two stanchions.
    And mounts for lifting rings.
    Flexible type conduit at the ground level makes hook-up more adaptable/easier.
    Precast makes everything much easier/quicker to install.

No need for concrete add-mixtures for very wet or very cold conditions, just a bit of cost for shipping and installing the pre-cast/fabricated units.
    Oh, and they could be re-used and re-positioned at a future date should a change in layout be required.

Maybe they could start using these in U.S. Supercharger locations?

I believe that the recently completed Supercharger in Fresno used precast concrete bases for the pedestals

I drove by daily (it is only 4 miles from my house), and I never once saw a cement mixer or any sort of indication that the crew was mixing up concrete to pour.

Page 710 of 710 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710

Thread Information