Page 576 of 576 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576
Results 5,751 to 5,754 of 5754

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Is it possible for Tesla to generate data on home address of each car making each SC charge? It would be interesting to see local vs. long-distance travel usage by location.
    Last edited by CHGolferJim; Today at 10:52 AM.
    Moved into serious planning for a Model S, emotional attachment to '02 MB 320 convertible is waning.....

Quote Originally Posted by CHGolferJim View Post
    Is it possible for Tesla to generate data on home address of each car making each SC charge? It would be interesting to see local vs. long-distance travel usage by location.
    I have called Tesla while hooked up to a supercharger and they were able to read my VIN and which unit i was hooked up to as well as charging rate so I'm sure they could monitor this.
    85kWh | Black | Textile | Piano Black | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Fog lights | Parking Sensors

Quote Originally Posted by apacheguy View Post
    What is the demand like in Europe compared to NA? SpC dashboard in Hawthorne IIRC shows a couple Norwegian chargers making the top 10, but nothing comes close to beating the overall SpC usage in CA. Are all these chargers actually being utilized?
    Looking at the Sc to actual cars in each country it is safe to say that Netherlands and Norway are the only countries that has a high number of cars per Sc. Germany is very overpopulated with 21 Sc for less than 1000 cars. On the other hand there is the chicken and egg situation. Build Scs, then sell cars...

There are approx 1500 model S in NL and 5 Scs.
    There are approx 5600 model S in N and 18 Scs, with 2 more in progress.

André

Sig 255, VIN 320
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewas View Post
    Looking at the Sc to actual cars in each country it is safe to say that Netherlands and Norway are the only countries that has a high number of cars per Sc. Germany is very overpopulated with 21 Sc for less than 1000 cars. On the other hand there is the chicken and egg situation. Build Scs, then sell cars...

There are approx 1500 model S in NL and 5 Scs.
    There are approx 5600 model S in N and 18 Scs, with 2 more in progress.

André
    CA probably has >10,000 MS and only 18 SpC (and a lot of land to cover that currently is not covered by SpC). Agree that Germany is way overpopulated with SpC. Guess TM is banking on SpC as a marketing tool. Hope it's working out for them. I'd like to see some hard stats.

@Kalud - Yes, Shanghai, being one of the world's most populous cities, is no surprise. However, remember that Hawthorne wasn't even reporting that day due to construction. I bet total # of MS is the LA area far outweighs the number in Shanghai.

Thread Information