Page 524 of 524 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524
Results 5,231 to 5,236 of 5236

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmacelf View Post
    From today's shareholder letter: "We also continue to expand our Supercharging network, with the introduction of our Superchargers in Canada and a substantial increase in the rate of deployment in Europe and China". Left out of the sentence is any indication about the US! Hopefully someone will ask about this in the conference call...
    Could it be that this has got to do with the fact that Tesla Motors yet do not want to create too much demand in the US (temporarily). Because the more Supercharger stations will go live in the US, the more that will result in more Tesla Model S orders. Maybe Tesla Motors momentarily want to focus their attention on Asia and Europe, resulting in temporarily starving the US in order to feed Asia and Europe? Could this be the explenation?

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I was at the Greenwich, CT (NB) SC yesterday, and out of the 4 spots, 1 was ICEd (2B) and 2 were down for service.

While I was waiting, it was apparent he was changing out one of the 12 chargers in Bank 1, which required draining all the coolant out of the cabinet, which looked like motor oil.
    Even though the Greenwich, CT spots tend to get ICEd a lot, the turnover rate is fast so it usually does not take long to get a spot.

I think that the coolant is just like in the car, an ethylene glycol (anti-freeze)/water mixture. It does have a strong resemblance to oil...
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

After getting over the sight of the walking billboard, I noticed that the posts are labeled 2A and 2B right next to each other, which I like.

The ones I have visited in Cali tend to be 1A 2A 1B 2B (Folsom is like this) which isn't as good because most peoples' tendencies are to leave an empty space away from cars that are already there so that there is more room to open doors etc.

Having 1A 1B right next to each other means cars are naturally picking non-paired spots for faster charging. Smart!

Quote Originally Posted by Nichen View Post
    Attachment 54819

This is me at the newly built Supercharger-station outside Arboga, in Sweden. I found 3 Teslas charging there, only norwegian plates. Very nice spot to charge, we had a nice bite at Dinners about 30 meters away from the chargers. Maybe I should work as a walking banner for Tesla? lol
    Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

Quote Originally Posted by Kipernicus View Post
    After getting over the sight of the walking billboard, I noticed that the posts are labeled 2A and 2B right next to each other, which I like.

The ones I have visited in Cali tend to be 1A 2A 1B 2B (Folsom is like this) which isn't as good because most peoples' tendencies are to leave an empty space away from cars that are already there so that there is more room to open doors etc.

Having 1A 1B right next to each other means cars are naturally picking non-paired spots for faster charging. Smart!
    Most of the ones I've used here in CA have pairs next to each other. Tejon Ranch, Atascadero, and SJC are all like this. I can't remember if Hawthorne is. Yuma is paired like this as well.
    | 60kwh | Tech | Leather | Pano | Supercharging | Factory Delivery 8/27 |

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Most of the ones I've used here in CA have pairs next to each other. Tejon Ranch, Atascadero, and SJC are all like this. I can't remember if Hawthorne is. Yuma is paired like this as well.
    Hawthorne is paired side by side. The two closest to the design center were both out and will be repaired by end of day today (Aug 1).
    Dennis - My Blog (mainly Active E, but more Tesla Roadster and Model S)
    Signature Green Roadster #40 and an S85 Blue/Tan Model S WITH a Sub-zero Package in Southern California. Because COLD is a relative term. (formerly BMW Active E, thus the AE in the handle, now stands for Accidentally Environmental)

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Even though the Greenwich, CT spots tend to get ICEd a lot, the turnover rate is fast so it usually does not take long to get a spot.
    I'd agree, except the one car ICEing stall 2B was there for at least the 30 minutes I was there, with no owner in sight. There's just not that much to do there, so I wonder what were they doing for 30+ minutes??? Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    I think that the coolant is just like in the car, an ethylene glycol (anti-freeze)/water mixture. It does have a strong resemblance to oil...
    It was black, like motor oil. A little bit ironic.

I know we're all pretty smart people here, but I thought that color-coding the stalls would work better than trying to figure out this 1A/2B thing. Have a big round colored sticker on each stall. See someone in a GREEN stall, pick the RED or YELLOW stalls first. Never double up on the same color stall unless necessary.

On a Tesla facebook group, I saw someone go into a very long explanation how they SCs are arranged in "A" and "B" banks, so if someone is in an "A" bank (say stall 1A) then choose a "B" bank (say stall 1B) so you're charging on a separate "bank". The prefixed this by saying that's what a Tesla employee just told them. I told him (and everyone else) he had it totally backwards. But I can see where the confusion comes from. But the way I see it, there's no need to number them that way (you can tell geeks were in charge of the numbering schemes, I'm surprised they're not labeled 0a/0b and 1a/1b ).

Anyway, just label them with pairs of colors, and there's very little for people to get confused about and very easy to explain.
    P85+ | Blue | Pano | 21" | Tech | Sound Studio | Black Perf Carbon Fiber | Flux Capacitor

Thread Information