Page 505 of 548 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 5476

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Quote Originally Posted by dirkhh View Post
    Connecting Texas? A connection straight East from Denver to Atlanta? A connection from Dan Francisco towards Denver?
    These sound pretty high traffic to me.
    Lots of obvious routes seem to be ignored by the SC team. It's interesting that the dallas - atlanta route has never been in any of the SC maps. Even the 2015 one. That seems like an obvious route. I see it as proof that Tesla has been winging it on anything more than 6 months out.

Basically, I think they should focus on key high traffic interstate routes. They seem to have figured out I70 Denver to KC. Why haven't they gotten I80? Or I20 (Dallas to Atlanta) or I90/94 Seattle to MPLS or or or...
    P85 | Multi-coat Red | Tan Leather | Carbon Fiber | 19" Wheels | Tech Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by dmckinstry View Post
    That's my worry. Those of us in the PNW have no way (using superchargers) of going east without first heading to so. CA.
    Yeah, Idaho and Montana currently suck for juice right now. Otherwise I would have headed more east over July 4th instead of stopping.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Yeah, Idaho and Montana currently suck for juice right now. Otherwise I would have headed more east over July 4th instead of stopping.
    We could get surprises along the I-90 corridor since TMC has low scouting density there. Coeur d'Alene has a Coming Soon page, Sheridan WY has a site selected (but we don't know where) and Gillette WY probably isn't far behind. That will leave a handful through Montana to connect the ends.

Model S (Res#P12,447)
    The screen on Tuesday, July 8, 2014. Saw Franz walk right past me as I was taking this shot.

Name:  s06ZemE.jpg
Views: 2970
Size:  991.3 KB

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emupilot View Post
    We could get surprises along the I-90 corridor since TMC has low scouting density there. Coeur d'Alene has a Coming Soon page, Sheridan WY has a site selected (but we don't know where) and Gillette WY probably isn't far behind. That will leave a handful through Montana to connect the ends.
    Don't forget Bozeman along I-90...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ken830 View Post
    The screen on Tuesday, July 8, 2014. Saw Franz walk right past me as I was taking this shot.
    Notice the North American Total of 102; probably because the 3 Connecticut doublets are counted as 2 each instead of 1 each.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    Don't forget Bozeman along I-90...

- - - Updated - - -

Notice the North American Total of 102; probably because the 3 Connecticut doublets are counted as 2 each instead of 1 each.
    Its kind of odd that they don't consistently count the same. This dashboard vs the website. I'm a big fan of consistency.

7.6 terawatt hours.

Wow.
    -sc

85KWh | Metallic Blue | Black Leather | Obeche Gloss | Tech | Pano | Air | 19" Rims | Parcel Shelf | Twin Juicers | HPWC | VIN: xxxx10647

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scaesare View Post
    7.6 terawatt hours.

Wow.
    Actually, I believe you are 10^3 off. 1 million kWh is 1 gigaWatt-hour. Therefore, the total is 7.6 gigaWatt-hr. At an average cost of $0.14/kWh, that is about a million dollars of electricity, approximately the equivalent of 11 Model S's or 7 Supercharger sites.

Still Wow!
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

I see 30 locations on the coming soon map Supercharger | Tesla Motors and only 19 of those mapped on Superchargers

So there should be 11 more in construction and or permitting that we don't have marked.

1 in Montana
    4 in Canada (+ 2 marked as coming)
    2 in Florida (+ 1 marked as permitting that isn't on the coming soon page)
    1 in Georgia (+ 1 marked as coming)
    -1 in Tennessee (Chattanooga isn't on coming soon page but is expected to go live in August)

I don't even want to try and count all the ones in the southwest (Utah, Arizona, California) or figure out the states for the east coast corridor (South Carolina to Maine)

Driving a Volt for now...
    it sounds like the Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe is going to be getting a supercharger (as well as a 1 million dollar donation for Elon)

Thread Information