Page 175 of 551 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 5502

Thread: Tesla Supercharger network

Quote Originally Posted by voidptr View Post

I just uploaded several for the Burlington site here. It's definitely under construction as of 9/21.
    Good news.
    All three have been added to Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by voidptr View Post

I just uploaded several for the Burlington site here. It's definitely under construction as of 9/21.
    Added a few more photos as well from visiting this morning, no-one there so got up close enough to verify the Tesla logo is all over the place from them using the sides of one of the shipping crates as cover around the holes for the conduit. Burlington, NC Supercharger

Sig S#118; R#770 (ret.) stevezzzz's Avatar
    A group of Colorado and Wyoming Model S owners converged on the newly opened Glenwood Springs Superchargers today.

I just posted a report over on the regional sub forum:

First Colorado Supercharger location confirmed - Page 9
    Last edited by stevezzzz; 2013-09-22 at 04:29 AM.
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Oxnard California Supercharger Approved At The Collection at Riverpark

Oxnard, California Supercharger--The Oxnard Planning Department gave approval on Thursday September 12th, 2013 to the Tesla Supercharger that will to installed at the Collection at Riverpark, a shopping center in Oxnard, California http://thecollectionrp.com. These chargers will be adjacent to the H & M store as far south as possible within the open air parking, parallel with the 101 Ventura Freeway along the border fence of the parking lot. There will be ten charging bays, all back-in rear-end parking.
    James Reach
    Ventura County (California) Tesla Owners Club

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevezzzz View Post
    A group of Colorado and Wyoming Model S owners converged on the newly opened Glenwood Springs Superchargers today.

I just posted a report over on the regional sub forum:

First Colorado Supercharger location confirmed - Page 9
    It was a great day to have five Model S's meet at the Glenwood, CO Supercharger.

We rediscovered what was reported at Supercharger charging rate anomaly because the Silverthorne Supercharger was not operational yet, and we needed a good (>80%) charge to comfortably drive home. See my post at the end of this thread for my analysis of this subject, and what I believe is the cause.

In summary, when on an AC charger (HPWC, 14-50, J1772, etc) the charge rate reported at the car and in the App seems to be the average charge rate of the last few minutes. However, during a Supercharger charging session, the car and the App seem to report the average charging rate of the entire session. This can be very misleading towards the end of a "range" charge on a Supercharger.

For example, when starting with 70 miles State of Charge (SOC), by the time I got to 200 miles SOC, the reported charge rate was 175 mph when reality was 105 mph. At 225 mi SOC, I had 155 mph reported and 85 mph actual, and at 255 mi SOC, I had 132 mph reported and 42 mph actual.

If you want to compute the actual charge rate on a Supercharger, it is Volts*Amps/(308 W-hr/mi).

For practical purposes, if you are on a road trip, this is your last Supercharger, and you need to charge again that day, before you do an overnight charge, then you want to charge to about 250 miles before you leave to optimize your total charging time. A good, simple rule of thumb is to charge on the Supercharger until its current is half of the current at your next AC charging stop. For example if your next charging point is an HPWC that will give you 80A at 240V, then half of 80A is 40A and you should keep charging on the Supercharger until its DC charging current drops below 40A, and if your next charger is a 14-50 RV outlet that gives you 40A, then stay on the Supercharger until its current drops to 20A. This rule is based on the fact that the MS battery ends its charging cycle at about 400 V, and most AC chargers are 240 V or 208 V; 240/400 = 0.6 and 208/400 ~ 0.5. After the half current point, its faster to gain miles at the next charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    If you want to compute the actual charge rate on a Supercharger, it is Volts*Amps/(308 W-hr/mi).

For practical purposes, if you are on a road trip, this is your last Supercharger, and you need to charge again that day, before you do an overnight charge, then you want to charge to about 250 miles before you leave to optimize your total charging time. A good, simple rule of thumb is to charge on the Supercharger until its current is half of the current at your next AC charging stop. For example if your next charging point is an HPWC that will give you 80A at 240V, then half of 80A is 40A and you should keep charging on the Supercharger until its DC charging current drops below 40A, and if your next charger is a 14-50 RV outlet that gives you 40A, then stay on the Supercharger until its current drops to 20A. This rule is based on the fact that the MS battery ends its charging cycle at about 400 V, and most AC chargers are 240 V or 208 V; 240/400 = 0.6 and 208/400 ~ 0.5. After the half current point, its faster to gain miles at the next charger.
    And one should point out that all this is only valid for an 85kWh car running 4.5. 60kWh batteries top out at about 325V and the magic factor for the division is about 296Wh/mile (depending on tires, etc).

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkhh View Post
    And one should point out that all this is only valid for an 85kWh car running 4.5. 60kWh batteries top out at about 325V and the magic factor for the division is about 296Wh/mile (depending on tires, etc).
    Thanks for the corrected numbers. I only think in my P85 world.

For a 60kWh MS, because 240V/325V ~ 2/3, the rough optimum stopping point for your 65 on a long trip at your last Supercharger is when the Supercharger current is down to approximately 2/3 of the current at your next 240V charger down the road. That, of course, assumes that your next charge spot is not an overnight charge.

Have fun road tripping!

Quote Originally Posted by LakeForest View Post
    In the article posted they had a map of Elon's planed cross country trip. I'm from Chicago and there are a number of locations that were not on the earlier maps released, Including a location downtown and also what looks like pleasant prairie, WI, likely at the premium outlets, which are part of the Simmons property group. Could we expect a new partnership announced soon? anyone else see new locations on this map.Attachment 30990
    I was thinking last night that this trip would be REALLY COOL in a Gen3 ! Drive across country in an every day car And a great promo event to boot.

Anyone know which SCs include solar panels? I've done some brief googling and didnt see anything. IIRC, it's only Connecticut (on top of the gas station roof ironically), and the Space X HQ. Any standalone solar installs?

just curious...

Model S - P4676
    Quote Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
    Anyone know which SCs include solar panels? I've done some brief googling and didnt see anything. IIRC, it's only Connecticut (on top of the gas station roof ironically), and the Space X HQ. Any standalone solar installs?

just curious...
    I don't think the Connecticut solar panels are related to the supercharger. The only ones I know of with solar are Hawthorne and Tejon.
    60kWh, Blue, Tan Leather, Piano Black, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, Tech Package, Supercharging, Dual Chargers

Thread Information