Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I launch this post to list all the Model S reservations in Switzerland. So if you have one, please just post your number and location ! It would be nice to have some other infos. For example for my reservation, the vendor told me that I would receive my Model S in october 2013, but if I would take a Signature (change my reservation) it would be in January or February 2013...

Mine is P #926 and I'm located in Neuchâtel.

Greetings

ok, I'll try it to explain it in english (yeah, I'm swiss german...)

+ talking about the drivetrain, the electronics and so on, I don't know anything about the car, I can't judge for the moment. For now, it all sounds quite good to me...

+/- outside design is fine, even if the car's on the large side for me

+/- Tesla as a car dealer/manufacturer is another open question to me. It's something different to sell and maintain 2500 exotic cars than to go into mass production/distribution etc.

+/- quality... I was in geneva sitting in the red Beta Prototype. Yeah, I know, it was still a Prototype but I'm not sure they can fix all the things until mass production starts. Maybe we in germany/switzerland think about other standards, who knows. I have to sit in a regular production car to judge it.

-- and now the big MINUS: Interior design! sorry, but I've no clue whats really behind this dashboard design. In my eyes, it's just awful! I'm used to have some kind of cockpit, in my car so in my aircraft. The S in Geneva reminded my more of a "fahrender Küchenstuhl" (I can't translate it *gg*) The dashboard lacked some kind of styling going all around in the interior. You know, in german we say "Die Linie felt und zusammengewürfelt"

The Model S i'd buy would be near 90'000$. No idea about the swiss price tag, but most probably in the region of 100'000 - 120'000CHF. For this amount, you get a hell of quality car with proved service and so on.
I know, it's an EV, not an ICE, but anyway, the fact it's an EV does not allow the car to have the quality & design of a 30'000CHF car and the rest would go for the EV (in my opinion!)

To sum up: for the moment, I'm quite neutral... I have first to sit in and drive a production car and to have really more information about charging techniques used in Europe. After that, I'll decide... (the other option would be a touring motor glider :roll eyes:)

cheers from zurich

Christian / Chregu

Hi Zämme,

yes I do want to see the Model S in person as well before I place the order.... Unfortunately I could not go to Geneva this time but would hope to see it in Zürich later this year. My concerns are more with the space of the 2nd row - I do have quite tall family members (including myself) :p

I will get it anyway but hope that the space is ok - for the interior I am not too concerned. I do like the open space and the huge screen (IT background :) ) where the user interface can be customized as time goes by and new features can be adapted easily.

Hi Eberhard - I wish I could have been there as well! I am betting now on a business trip to South San Francisco so that I might be able to visit the Tesla Stores. One of my work colleagues brought me a miniature "Hotweels Earth Day" Roadster as a present from his SSF visit :) ... I keep talking about Tesla all the time in the office...

To get the feeling I might test the roadster, but then I might be as well tempted to get one of those instead of the Model S.... not something I plan to do. :D

Hi
Basel as well, Model S, EU Nr. 2
IMO no need to skip for a Sig.
But eventually i'll skip the Model S and go for the X directly. And... i'don't like the dash neither, but could live with it. The driving must be awesome.

I'm Signature #14, located in Basel.

Also hoping for delivery in december 2012, that would be great.

At the annual shareholder meeting, elon told to the attendees, that deliveries in Europe should start within 6 months.

Hoi zämme

Hi all

I'll keep you posted when things start to move... first TM has to announce price & options get the homologation done, 3 phase charging etc. Of course i'd love to get the MOdel S this year, but i expect spring 2013.

Cheers

PS: Could it be that Basel will be the city with the most Tesla owners/population ?

Hi LST and all,

thanks for keeping us in the loop :)

According to the "worldmap of reservations" it seems that Basel might have the highest number - even though It might not be very representative.

However I personally think Basel does have this alternative/green vibe where the premium segment electric sedan (that can be justified) could be sold very well.

It would be great to have sometime in 2013/2014 a own Tesla Shop in Basel - even though not very realistic...

Cheers