Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many roadster owners active on TMC, and what type of roadster?

What type of roadster do you own (please choose closest match)?

• Pre general production (v1.0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • v1.5

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • v2.0 standard

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • v2.0 sport

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • v2.5 standard

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • v2.5 sport

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

markwj

Asia Pacific
Apr 10, 2011
Hong Kong
Interested in how many roadster owners there are active on TMC, and what type of roadster they have.

The poll allows multiple-choice, so can handle owners with more than 1 roadster of different types.

If you have more than 1 of the same type of roadster, don't vote, but just let me know in the comments and I'll update the tally manually.

Early on, we were all hungry for information. As I imagine Model S depositors are now. The Tesla run forums were OK - at least they weren't public at that point - but were missing that extra energy the other enthusiasts brought to the table. Then those went public, the high level of skilled moderation here kept things from going all Usenet or AOL on us, and I think many of us feel like we need some outlet for a shared experience. Plus, everybody here is really cool.

I expect that with the right searching/processing of all of the posts (signatures and user titles) on the forum (and maybe a little human analysis/verification at the end) that someone could get a fairly accurate idea of about how many roadster owners, or previous owners, have posted and maybe even a fair idea of version/model breakdown.

I expect that with the right searching/processing of all of the posts (signatures and user titles) on the forum (and maybe a little human analysis/verification at the end) that someone could get a fairly accurate idea of about how many roadster owners, or previous owners, have posted and maybe even a fair idea of version/model breakdown.

Are you offering ;-)

There are 6,400 members on the member list here. Its probably doable, but a lot of scraping involved.

So far, the poll here is up to 49 responders. Nice mix of cars. I'm really glad to see so many v1.5 owners still around here - show real dedication.

I've been here a while, but finally invested my money in Roadster EU968 (yellow with black/yellow leather).
2012-04-27 17.37.13.jpg

#619 (blue 2.0) in San Diego. Been on the forums since before Elon got the first Roadster.... but not as much lately. With all the Model-S owners, the forum is pretty noisy now -- I only check in periodically.

The forum definitely changed with the advent of Model S, both in volume and tone. I used to be able to read every post, would check back in later in the day ... and maybe only a handful more to read. Now, not a chance I could ever keep up, even if I made it a full-time job.