Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Battle for 2nd Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Thank you Larry for the information. It will be a swift visit to Cape Canaveral but who knows.

I'm very excited and hoping to see some Model S driving around in FL when we visit :)

Hi Zorba,

We have quite a few of our Florida Tesla Motors Club members with Signature reservations with low numbers, and rumor has it that Florida has the second most reservations behind California. However, its a large state and the chances of randomly seeing a Model S on the road in September is slim.

If we have a club event in September, I'll send you a private message.

Larry

Hi Zorba,

We have quite a few of our Florida Tesla Motors Club members with Signature reservations with low numbers, and rumor has it that Florida has the second most reservations behind California. However, its a large state and the chances of randomly seeing a Model S on the road in September is slim.

Larry

Washington state will accept your challenge. I have heard that Washington is second behind California.
If only we could have a friendly bet and Tesla would tell us the answer.

Washington state will accept your challenge. I have heard that Washington is second behind California.

Take the bet Larry! :wink: I've been told by more than one Tesla employee that FL is second only to CA in number of reservations. :biggrin:

P.S. Before this thread goes wildly OT, please don't forget that there is a Model S Tally thread.

Hi Rich,

Its possible that both statements were true at some point in time. :biggrin:

So to fan the flames of speculation, I see that the Tesla Jobs page lists three Tesla facilities in Washington State, but four Tesla facilities are listed for Florida. :tongue:
:wink:

Larry

Hi Zorba,

Larry

That would be great. Thanks :)

Don't mess with Texas, you may wake up a sleeping, formerly addicted to oil, giant:smile:

Seconded for second. There is no doubt Texas will crush Florida and Washington. Houston is America's fourth largest city (soon to be three) and doing well financially, Austin's got the tech crowd, greenies, and musicians, and Dallas has... whatever Dallas has. Fading 80s glory? Anyhoo, I'll stack that up against Miami Beach and Seattle any day of the week. :)

Seconded for second. There is no doubt Texas will crush Florida and Washington.

Hi Stephen,

Dream on. :tongue:

And for those who want to see this from largest to smallest among the US states:
California
Florida
Washington
Texas
Illinois
Oregon
New York
Maryland
Massachusetts
Georgia
New Jersey
Virginia
Arizona
North Carolina
Colorado
Hawaii
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Connecticut
Indiana
Michigan
Missouri
Minnesota
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Utah
Alabama
DC
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Nevada
New Mexico
Tennessee
Wisconsin
Delaware
Louisiana
New Hampshire
Vermont
Alaska
Idaho
Maine
Nebraska
Rhode Island
West Virginia
Arkansas
Mississippi
Montana
North Dakota
South Dakota
Wyoming

By the way Florida is organized. We currently have 55 members in the Florida Tesla Motors Club. When deliveries of our cars start, and we begin organizing rallies we'll start a wave of new Florida reservations. California look out!! :biggrin:

Larry

Nice, congrats! However, you'll ultimately need that photo to keep your spirits up as our Texas volume ramps up. Take heart, you'll maintain your lead in Tesla stores in cities with the name "Beach" in them. :cool:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. Well, you'll find that soon we will have two service centers and two stores in the state and the two new facilities won't have the name "Beach" in them. :wink:

Tesla is adding a new service center in Tampa and a new store in Orlando. That should accelerate our sales momentum.

I see Texas only has one each.

Larry

I see Texas only has one each.

Don't you worry, the Austin store and service center will be online before you know it. That brings us both the 13th largest city in the US and close proximity to the 7th largest city in the US (San Antonio). One more store 200 miles up I-45 brings us Dallas (9), Fort Worth (16), Arlington (50), Plano (70), Garland (86), and Irving (93). Game over at that point. However, there is certainly no shame in 3rd! :biggrin: