Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi from Cornwall, England

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I am Paul Churchley. I live in Saltash, Cornwall, in the sunny south-west of the UK :smile:

I have owned a Nissan Leaf for over 1 year now and already done over 11,000 all-electric miles.

Last week I bought a Vauxhall Ampera nee Chevy Volt and have already done over 800 miles. I started the Ampera Owners Club forum so people can discuss the UK Ampera and Volt and that is building nicely now.

I would love to have bought a Tesla Model S instead of the Ampera but I think it is a bit too early for us and our car use profile to have two all-electric vehicles, even one that is clearly as good as the Model S. However, it might be that when we next get around to replacing either the Leaf or Ampera in the next few years that things may well be very different.

Of course I would love to have a Roadster... who wouldn't! But having been in Kevin Sharpe's my wife feels that is just too difficult for her to get in and out... otherwise I think we might have tried to find a secondhand one but that might have been easier said than done... people don't sell them do they :wink:

So, as an experienced EV owner and latent Tesla fan I am hoping to learn from the good folk here... so I look forward to "meeting" you online.

Paul Churchley

Hi Paul, Welcome to the forum from another Brit who lives in the not-quite-so-sunny midlands :)

Last week some good friends of mine stayed the weekend, and they both wanted a demo run in the Tesla. No problem, always happy to oblige, and they both were blown away by the car and the massively cheaper running costs than their planet munching Audi RS4.

However, we had a hell of time getting his wife back out and, to use her words, she's not quite the svelte model she was 25 yrs ago !! We ended up taking the roof off so she could stand up and step out a bit more gracefully, and I doubt they'll be buying a Roadster anytime soon.

I did spend quite a bit of time evangelising about the Model S and I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually go and put an order in for one.