Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exotic Car Ride Charity Event for the James Fund

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
From casc.on.ca... maybe someone from the Toronto area would want to bring a Tesla Roadster?

EXOTIC CAR RIDE CHARITY EVENT FOR THE JAMES FUND

Enjoy an enthusiastic ride around an actual AutoSlalom course in your favourite super car!

FERRARI, VIPER, PORSCHE, LOTUS, LAMBORGHINI, CORVETTE, AUDI & MORE!
for a donation to The James Fund

WHEN: SATURDAY, JUNE 2nd, 2012 - noon to 5 pm

WHERE: POWERADE CENTRE, 7575 KENNEDY RD. S. BRAMPTON, ONT

Please come out and support The James Fund to find a cure for neuroblastoma.
About The James Fund - The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research

The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research is a specific fund nestled within SickKids Foundation. Our status as what is called a “restricted fund” means that every dollar raised by the Fund proceeds directly to support research and investigation into new therapies and ultimately a cure for Neuroblastoma.

Neuroblastoma is the major malignant tumour of children outside of the brain. It is inevitably fatal in children over one year of age and it accounts for almost as many cancer deaths in children as does leukemia. In Canada alone, one child dies every week from Neuroblastoma.

100% of the proceeds go directly to the James Fund as all costs and expenses have been donated by our sponsors, drivers & volunteers.

A portion of donations will cover the administrative expenses of The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research at SickKids and are subject to the Terms and Conditions set out at Designated giving terms and conditions for SickKids Foundation
Please contact us at Car Control | Advanced Driving | Driving School for more information or if you would like to volunteer your time or super car!

Thank you.

I was in contact with Ian today Doug...I have a prior commitment on June 2 at 7:00 pm (Dave Mathews concert...Mother's day gift to the wife), but think I can make it from noon until around 3:00 pm.

Ian is checking with the POWERADE Center folks to see if they can arrange charging...I'll probably need at least a 30 amp charge to make it back home in time for the evening event...looks like a very good cause indeed!

Anyone else going to attend?

I was in contact with Ian today Doug...I have a prior commitment on June 2 at 7:00 pm (Dave Mathews concert...Mother's day gift to the wife), but think I can make it from noon until around 3:00 pm.

Ian is checking with the POWERADE Center folks to see if they can arrange charging...I'll probably need at least a 30 amp charge to make it back home in time for the evening event...looks like a very good cause indeed!

Anyone else going to attend?

It will be nice to see some nice cars come this year. Going to be quite interesting as I have never seen a Tesla before.

Thanks Ahad! (I was certainly not the best driver there by a longshot:redface: :biggrin:...it was my first attempt at an autocross run.)

I think I gave around 15 rides in the 3.5 hours that I was there...the car can definately take it, but I was shaken up a bit...I'm not the "roller coaster type" of person who likes being jostled around like that...took a bit of getting used to and an hour afterwards to get my stomach settled & lose the headache...still, it was a helleva rush and I'm hoping that now that I know more of what to expect, I'll be able to deal with it better next time.

It was an absolute blast and I highly recommend it!:smile:

Thanks to Ranger Mark again for allowing me to throw a few electrons into the tank (at the TMC Service shop) for my ride home!...everyone that I gave a ride to or spoke with about the car was amazed...practically all had never seen a Roadster "in the carbon" lest had a ride in one...I still had the pics from the Etobicoke Model S event on my phone so I was able to get the word out (about what's coming) to many folks...at least one chap who had a Jag was very interested in the Model S an I think he'll give Hans a call.

Doug, I found it truly amazing how quickly & efficiently Ian, Shaun & Guierrmo (?) of the Car Control School were able to teach me some of the do's & dont's, and correct my many mistakes. I will definately take their Car Control & Autoslalom courses in the future.

I think I'll hold off on the track events this year though as my brand new AD07's on the rear took a beating...I'll have to get a new set of rims & some A048's in the off season (as I blew the budget on the CF interior this year) :smile:

A great time for a great cause (Neuroblastoma research)!

I was also impressed with the training i got at ILR car control school. Maybe next year I can make the exotic car event, especially if there's some better/more charging infrastructure so the logistics aren't so difficult.

I gotta say, for autocross those A048's make the Roadster seem like an entirely different car. Be prepared for even faster wear, though.

If they maintain the event at it's current venue (Powerade Centre), it is only about a 10 minute drive to the Mississauga TMC shop...I'm sure you could get a full 70 amp charge no problem...I'm not sure how many track days / autocross events you attend, but in your opinion, will you get a "full season" out of them?

Thanks Ahad! (I was certainly not the best driver there by a longshot:redface: :biggrin:...it was my first attempt at an autocross run.)

I think I gave around 15 rides in the 3.5 hours that I was there...the car can definately take it, but I was shaken up a bit...I'm not the "roller coaster type" of person who likes being jostled around like that...took a bit of getting used to and an hour afterwards to get my stomach settled & lose the headache...still, it was a helleva rush and I'm hoping that now that I know more of what to expect, I'll be able to deal with it better next time.

It was an absolute blast and I highly recommend it!:smile:

Thanks to Ranger Mark again for allowing me to throw a few electrons into the tank (at the TMC Service shop) for my ride home!...everyone that I gave a ride to or spoke with about the car was amazed...practically all had never seen a Roadster "in the carbon" lest had a ride in one...I still had the pics from the Etobicoke Model S event on my phone so I was able to get the word out (about what's coming) to many folks...at least one chap who had a Jag was very interested in the Model S an I think he'll give Hans a call.

Doug, I found it truly amazing how quickly & efficiently Ian, Shaun & Guierrmo (?) of the Car Control School were able to teach me some of the do's & dont's, and correct my many mistakes. I will definately take their Car Control & Autoslalom courses in the future.

I think I'll hold off on the track events this year though as my brand new AD07's on the rear took a beating...I'll have to get a new set of rims & some A048's in the off season (as I blew the budget on the CF interior this year) :smile:

A great time for a great cause (Neuroblastoma research)!
Honestly you were pretty good, if you didn't tell me it was your first time I would have never guessed. And also I didn't go in that car for a spirited ride, I went in it because it was a Tesla !! Once again Kudos to you for sharing that amazing car.