Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garden Tools and Other Polluters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neroden

Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan
Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
What about the worldwide millions of non smog checked garden tools, motorcycles, forklifts, construction equipment, golfcarts, etc., etc, all which would be clean on day one and day1000 if they were all electric and not gas, oil-gas mix or diesel from day one to dirty 1000.

The benefit from replacing gas trimmers with electric trimmers is massive; apparently those little tiny gas engines on lawn trimmers are horrendously inefficient and extremely polluting. There is no reason for anyone to use a gas trimmer any more; even if you have a huge amount of lawn to trim, it's more efficient to buy a few extra battery packs for your electric trimmer.

Which reminds me. I saw the city government using gas trimmers in the park. I need to go talk to someone about how they really ought to switch to electric.

Edit: topic about electric gardening tools, perhaps? :)

To keep abusing the garden tool thread a bit.... if I were king one of the first things I would do is outlaw leaf blowers. How many times have you seen - and heard - one of those things blowing six leaves off an otherwise clean sidewalk. I swear that for the one time in ten that they actually save labor over a broom or rake they are totally not worth it.
I don't know if i hate the noise or the pollution most but I hate those things with the hate of a thousand red hot burning suns.

To keep abusing the garden tool thread a bit.... if I were king one of the first things I would do is outlaw leaf blowers. How many times have you seen - and heard - one of those things blowing six leaves off an otherwise clean sidewalk. I swear that for the one time in ten that they actually save labor over a broom or rake they are totally not worth it.
I don't know if i hate the noise or the pollution most but I hate those things with the hate of a thousand red hot burning suns.

Well I don't have a leaf blower, because I find them annoying and wasteful, but raking my yard would be a whole lot easier with one.

I use my electric leaf blower to dry off the Roadster after washing. I took my car to a "professional detailer" at my office last year and he left swirl marks in the clear coat. After repairing the damage, I'm paranoid about drying off the car; even using the towels I bought from Griots. It does the trick and the car get completely dry. It is especially effective in getting the water out of the hard to reach places around lights, mirrors and spoiler. Has anyone else tried this?