Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Better Place swap station being built in Schiphol Amsterdam airport

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt that the vehicles can be moved or parked without the traction battery. The swap station actually swaps the battery. Swapping is meant for taxi operations, an application which doesn't allow for vehicle downtime while charging. In contrast to that, vehicles parked have all the time you need to charge up and maintain the battery. A plug at every parking slot should be a lot cheaper to install than a swap station.

You can, however, get a fresh battery when you leave the airport if you want to - and if you are a subscriber to the better place network.

Project Better Place to open station in Amsterdam today

Update Your Browser | Facebook

This will be dedicated to Taxi services, apparently. Not a bad place to start I think.
564671_10151049597931127_1005614432_n.jpg

The idea may work, but the car isn't really suited for the job. It's not a really big car to start with and it has not much trunk space left due to the battery intruding the trunk space. It may work for business men on a 2 day trip to London, but not for a family vacation.
I guess they will be selective chosing the jobs and gathering data and maybe expand to "normal" Fluence clients later.