Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bertha Benz Challenge 2012: the leading new.mobility event on the road.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 1888 Bertha Benz showed us all .........

As marketingpartner of the Bertha Benz Challenge 2012 I m pleased to present you:

A three day, topclass program with an official start directly from the Automechanika trade fair in Frankfurt, some fast zooming ( especially Teslas ) on the Hockenheimring and pleasant networking during the tea break at the famous Schloss Schwetzingen with other innovative, participants and entrepreneurs
from the industry.

This year will be also particularly interesting for participants and entrepreneurs from abroad. More information can be found on our website or I will gladly send on request. Join us and sign in now ! Starting places are limited ........

You can find and follow us here :

Aktuell

and of course on Facebook and Youtube. Some footage of the Bertha Benz Challenge 2011,
a german spoken interview with the organisator, Edgar Meyer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcK5Pg87jU

and "Tesla goooo !", a video from one of our participants 2011, Rafael de Mestre ( in 80 days electric around the world) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfx2NejRoKQ

Best regards,

P.P.H. K-P

Hello Talkradius,

As in 2011 we ll have free, mobile charging stations at our event for charging in Frankfurt, Mannheim( overnight in parc fermé) , Bruchsal and Pforzheim ( Schuko 230 V ; overnight in parc fermé) . Last year Schletter Group ( Park+Charge) was our Partner and delivered us 40 stations, but for 2012 our supplier/ partner and exact number of stations are not yet fixed/decided.

Electric mobility - Traffic engineering - Schletter GmbH

And there will 2 ART / (Chaergart) charging stations for sure at Hockenheimring as well , but we want to offer and will organise more charging stations here as well .

Hockenheimring vereinbart Kooperation mit Bertha Benz Challenge | Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

Willkommen bei ART CHARGEART

If you have suggestions for alternative suppyling charging stations we ll be gladly interested. CHADEMO is not possible for all type of cars, so we have to consider both usability and logistics here.

Hope we have give you some usefull answers on your question.

Best regards,

P.P.H.K-P

Last edited:
Hi Senninha,

I'm not talking about charging during the event, I'm talking about what will remain when the caravan has moved on, which charging stations @nosmartcard will remain there. Is it planned to donate some for hotels our other nice locations, which can be used by every EV driver without smart cards access or other restrictions ?

After 93.000 km in my Roadster I came to the conclusion, I'll never pay money anymore for attending any event, I will only attend when charging stations are donated, and if they are type Drehstromkiste or P&C (or type Kevin Sharpe ;-) ) or similar I'll pay money to make the donation possible.. I think many of the long distance Roadster drivers will follow this route.

This is another aspect of sustainability :wink:

hello Talkradius,

we try to offer our participants opportunities to directly charge at the best, PR relevant locations. We would love would if along the Bertha Benz route fixed charging stations and at least one H2 station for fuel cell cars would be installed. For this we need strong financial partners, a lot of politics and the will of the municipalities. And as you know this is no 1,2,3 exercise ......

And this is definetely not an empty slogan of us, this is part of our long-term goal. Believe us, we intend to do a lot more than just organise the x. eRally! This year is a cross-over mix
of 4 components.

Hockenheimring for softies? Do 3-5 fast laps, and your brakes and batteries will no longer perform 100% .......... i am sure. And although there will be no e.Race, faster driving against each other will occur .........

We want to make a statement at the Ring in front of the large audience, offer our participants some fun at the same time and make positive PR message : E-mobility is not boring and slow.

Of course the Alps and especially the Dolomiti are super nice to drive, but why we should teach the mountain goats and cows over there new mobility? We don't see that as our job at least .........

Best regards,

Senninha

hello Talkradius,

we try to offer our participants opportunities to directly charge at the best, PR relevant locations. We would love would if along the Bertha Benz route fixed charging stations and at least one H2 station for fuel cell cars would be installed. For this we need strong financial partners,

Really ? Ask Kevin Sharpe, I'm sure he will donate some charging stations

Hockenheimring for softies? Do 3-5 fast laps, and your brakes and batteries will no longer perform 100% .......... i am sure. And although there will be no e.Race, faster driving against each other will occur .........
We want to make a statement at the Ring in front of the large audience, offer our participants some fun at the same time and make positive PR message : E-mobility is not boring and slow.
Driving with an EV through Italy is a real challenge, not any race track, at least for me

.Of course the Alps and especially the Dolomiti are super nice to drive, but why we should teach the mountain goats and cows over there new mobility? We don't see that as our job at least .........
best regards,
Senninha

hmm what might the inhabitants and visitors of the dolomiti think about that ? I'll ask them when I'm there in September.

Really ? Ask Kevin Sharpe, I'm sure he will donate some charging stations

Driving with an EV through Italy is a real challenge, not any race track, at least for me

hmm what might the inhabitants and visitors of the dolomiti think about that ? I'll ask them when I'm there in September.

Can you fwd me to Kevin Sharpe or tell me where to find him ? Is he running a business in charging equipment or so ?
It sounds too nice if someone wants to donate, but of course we are looking for further, innovative partners and sponsors
to support the development of our event / program.
And we ll be thankfull for everyone who is supportive since we are no press agency nor a major car magazin and so we have
to work real hard to establish ourselves.

I perfectly understand and would say: every one has his own likes and tastes.

We aim to offer a broad programm with several components to please a large group of participants

Well I guess some of them will think finally the aliens have arrived.......... :)

Thread got merged because it was a double post. This is a European event isn't it?

Hello doug,

thank you for you reply. Yes, Bertha Benz Challenge 2012 is an european event held in Germany. Sorry if I ve put a double post, but as a rookie
here I am not familiar yet with the tools and customs here. Learning by doing ......

And Talkradius also sent me a PN already to clear me up. If the link remains people can find it anyway. Over 400 views in 3 days, not bad.......
Hope to see a lot of Teslas on the 14.09.2012 in Frankfurt !

Best regards,

Peter Paul K-P.

The deadline for registration is now officially closed. And again we ll have a full field with all interesting, innovative vehicles and alike people. Currently we have ONLY TWO (2) e-Entries left !

SO DO NOT HESITATE, REGISTER NOW ! Because first one comes, first one gets. And for our, next 2013 event all our 2012 participants will get a priority entry of course. For all information visit the website:

Aktuell - Bertha-Benz-Challenge Offen nur für Elektroautos und zukunftsgerechte Fahrzeuge.

Besides that each EV driver is happily invited to come by as a visitor to find out what is new on the road conc. ZEV' other than Tesla. Our highlights are of course the Automechanika trade fair in Frankfurt, Hockenheimring and Schwetzingen Palace ! More infos you ll be able to find here:

Bertha Benz Challenge

Hockenheimring vereinbart Kooperation mit Bertha Benz Challenge | Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg

http://www.schloss-schwetzingen.de/en/palace-schwetzingen/Home/268239.html

Have a pleasant ZE- ride !

Last edited:
The Bertha Benz 2012 was another great success. First impressions can be found here:

Video

And for 2013 it is official that the start will take place from the IAA in Frankfurt !!!

Date: 13- 15 september Entry: max . 100 vehicles with sustainable ( green) powertrain technology...

eNJOY !

Peter Paul Keizer- Pecqueur

Last edited: