Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4th annual ReFuel: Sun 7/1/12 @ Laguna Seca

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refuel 2012 date has been announced and registratihttp://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=409

Scrolling down to the link to see the people who have already signed up, I noticed that Joe Nuxoll (Tesla employee and serious amateur racer) has signed up, but not listed what car he'll be driving. Since this is July, does anyone think he'll be in a Model S performance? If so, I smell a new EV track record!

lagunasecatrack.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Two ways, take your pick:

1. Assume the Model S doesn't have a plural form. I have three Model S.

2. Use the regular pluralization rules. I have three Model Ses.

Two ways, take your pick:

1. Assume the Model S doesn't have a plural form. I have three Model S.

2. Use the regular pluralization rules. I have three Model Ses.

Thanks Jerry. I had written it as #2, but hate the was it looks on the page (or screen, as it were). Then, I remembered my computer has Google and found this...

Although usage has changed in recent years, some handbooks call for an apostrophe in the plural forms of numbers, letters, and words used as words:

How many 1's do we have in the line?
We put x's on the incorrect answers.
The no's resounded loudly throughout the chamber.

Works for me.

I know last time some electricians wired up something that did a "fan out" to a bunch of NEMA14-50's near the pits.
There were maybe 10 cars charging at the same time. So, there seems to be a good amount of power there. Perhaps it is 3 phases of high current 208V.

Even if it is there, you might be in contention with other vehicles charging from the NEMA14-50s.
Hopefully someone from the event will respond to your queries with more specific detailed information.

By the way, if you do manage to get QC there, I might drive my LEAF to the event.
Otherwise I pull the backup gas car out of storage...

I know last time some electricians wired up something that did a "fan out" to a bunch of NEMA14-50's near the pits.
There were maybe 10 cars charging at the same time. So, there seems to be a good amount of power there. Perhaps it is 3 phases of high current 208V.

Just got word that there is 480v 3 phase in the central paddock area. I'm waiting to determine how many amps I can pull.

What are the rules regarding car numbers, and what options do previous participants recommend for Roadsters?

The numbers are supposed to be at least 8" high on both sides and the rear, but I don't think any of the Roadsters have had numbers on the rear. You choose your own number. If I remember the rules correctly, the numbers are supposed to be three digits with no more than one 1 (popular since easy to make with tape) and one 7 (popular for luck). The first year I used 033 for my car VIN 33, but subsequently I skipped the 0. Bill Arnett similarly uses number 55. I plan to bring a roll of 1" blue painters tape for this. Last year I pre-cut appropriate lengths of tape and put them back on the roll to speed up the application.

Oh really? How many participants do they allow? I was thinking earlier that they might get over run with Volts and Leafs now. While that's a sign of progress, it's also less exciting. Hopefully they have some kind of quota system ensure some variety.

The event detail page at Speed Ventures - Track Event Detailed Information has a link near the bottom to show the list of participants. The list contains 67 names, of which 34 have not declared a car type. There are 5 BMWs, 2 Volts, 7 Leafs, 11 Roadsters, and 8 others.

Anyone know if the Roadster must have a hardtop at this? Probably the most aerodynamic but a little heavier.

In past years, cars have run with both soft-top and no-top. The rules require a hardtop or roll bar; I guess the Roadster's roll bar qualifies. Everyone (drivers and passengers) must wear an approved helmet regardless of the choice of top.

Last edited: