We already have one Tesla at this event, so we've got the required minimum coverage. If you're interested, the more the merrier!
>>> Forward of Paul Stith's post:
What: Special Hearing of the California Legislature on Electric Vehicles
When: Friday May 18th, Session starts @ 10:00 (Arrive with your EV between 9:10 and 9:20AM)
Location: Mission Valley Regional Occupational Program
5019 Stevenson Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538
Bring: Your Electric Vehicle & Informed Feedback / Questions (Your cars ARE the informal EV display)
RSVP: If you can bring your Electric Vehicle (include which model) firstname.lastname@example.org
On-site Contact: Malia Vella (Senator Corbett's Office) / 510-590-8677 (Morning of event ONLY for EV parking if it is not evident where to first EVs can park when you arrive (follow the other EVs!)
Bay Area EV Supporters -
Relaying information about an important special "Remote Hearing" of the California Legislature where you can listen to speakers and ask questions.
Goal is to have as many EV Owners / Drivers attend as possible so their questions and feedback can be added to the discussion.
Please RSVP to me (email@example.com) so I can keep tabs on roughly how many EVs to expect for the Senator's office. Short notice but we are looking for about two dozen vehicles to show support for this important session.
COMPLETE EVENT DETAILS -------
SENATE MAJORITY LEADER
ELLEN M. CORBETT
Senate Select Committee on Green Jobs, Solar, Wind and Clean Technologies
ELECTRIC VEHICLE DEPLOYMENT IN CALIFORNIA How can we grow this important, emerging industry?
Join us for a discussion of electric vehicles and how this industry is progressing. What are the barriers to putting electric vehicles on the street? What are the infrastructure challenges? What more can we do to encourage the growth and development of electric vehicles and maximize the environmental benefits?
This hearing will feature experts and stakeholders from the electric vehicle community, with manufacturers, industry executives and state and local policymakers serving as panelists.
In addition, a variety of the latest electric vehicles will be showcased on site.
WHEN: Friday, May 18, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Mission Valley ROP
5019 Stevenson Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
CURRENT AGENDA ---- CHANGES EXPECTED -----
Informational Hearing - Select Committee on Green Jobs, Solar, Wind, and Clean Technologies
Senate Majority Leader Ellen M. Corbett
Electric Vehicle Deployment
Friday, May 18 10:00 am
Mission Valley Regional Occupational Program
5019 Stevenson Boulevard
Format: This will be an informational hearing. The informational hearing will include a welcome and opening statement that will be given by Senate Majority Leader Ellen Corbett and other attending Committee members, followed by three panel presentations. Each panel presentation will last 40 to 45 minutes; each panelist will give a five to seven minute presentation with the reminder of the panel reserved for questions. There will be two 5 minute breaks between panels. After the last panel, there will be public comment and a short closing statement.
10:00 a.m. I. Welcome and opening comments by Senate Majority Leader Corbett and other attending members
10:05 a.m. II. Introduction of Raj Salwan, Chair of the Fremont Chamber of Commerce, and Gus Morrison, Mayor of Fremont
10:10 a.m. III. 1st Panel: Panel 1 - The State of California's Electric Vehicle Deployment. (45 minutes)
1. Carla Peterman (confirmed), Commissioner, California Energy Commission
2. Jessica Zenk (confirmed), Transportation Director, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
3. Diane Wittenberg (confirmed), Executive Director and Chairman, Plug-in Electric Vehicle Collaborative
4. Eileen Wenger Tutt (confirmed), Executive Director, California Electric Transportation Coalition
5. Dan Davids (confirmed) Chairman of the Board, Plug-in America
11:00 a.m. IV. 2nd Panel: Electric Vehicle Deployment: Manufacturers' perspective (40 minutes)
1. David Peterson (confirmed), West Coast Project Manager, Corporate Planning, Zero Emission Mobility, Nissan North America, Inc.
2. Geri Yoza (invited), National Manager, Business Planning, Toyota Motor Sales USA
3. John Boesel (confirmed), President, CALSTART
4. Shad Balch (confirmed) Manager, Environment & Energy Policy and Communications. General Motors
11:45 p.m. V. 3rd Panel: Electric Vehicle Deployment: Infrastructure Issues (45 minutes)
1. Colleen C. Quinn (invited), Vice President, Government Relations and Public Policy, Coulomb Technologies, Inc.
2. Jan Berman (confirmed), Senior Director, Policy & Integrated Planning, Pacific Gas & Electric
3. Dr. Sanjiv Malhotra (confirmed), President and CEO, Oorja Protonics
4. Terry O'Day (confirmed), Director, California Business Development, NRG EV Services
5. Robert Raymer, P.E. (confirmed), Senior Engineer, California Building Industry Association
12:30 p.m. VI. Public Comment and Closing Statements
This hearing will be streamed live on my website, Home | Senate Majority Leader Ellen M. Corbett.
As always, I welcome your feedback and look forward to working on your behalf in the California State Senate.
Ellen M. Corbett
Senate Majority Leader
Home | Senate Majority Leader Ellen M. Corbett