Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center STL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a call today regarding test driving the S. While speaking with the rep he mentioned that Tesla was in the process of opening a service center in STL. Does anyone know anything more about this? I heard somewhere that is was possible that mercedes-benz dealerships would become a temp solution for our region.

I received a call today regarding test driving the S. While speaking with the rep he mentioned that Tesla was in the process of opening a service center in STL. Does anyone know anything more about this? I heard somewhere that is was possible that mercedes-benz dealerships would become a temp solution for our region.

STL is what?

A store / service center in St. Louis would give good coverage to a large part of the country that is currently driving to Chicago, and would definitely help sell some Model S's in that region. Now if Tesla could just do something the great Ohio black hole, I would be all set.

While not ideal, there is Ranger service until their service network gets built out a little better. The Ranger service isn't cheap though. St. Louis would be a great place for a store.

I believe a Tesla store front would be great for the St. Louis market . The midwest in general seems to be very slow to adopt any type of change. This could help spread the word and generate some excitement around the area regarding ev's. From what I understand the service center would only be a service center and not serve as a traditional Tesla Motors store. If I am wrong that would be great however after my conversation with the Tesla employee I believe the location in STL will only be for repair and maintenance.

I believe a Tesla store front would be great for the St. Louis market . The midwest in general seems to be very slow to adopt any type of change. This could help spread the word and generate some excitement around the area regarding ev's. From what I understand the service center would only be a service center and not serve as a traditional Tesla Motors store. If I am wrong that would be great however after my conversation with the Tesla employee I believe the location in STL will only be for repair and maintenance.

That really is the more important thing to have at first anyway. While going to a store is nice and seeing the car in person helps, if someone knows that can't drive the car to get it serviced or they live 800 miles from the closest service station, they'll be less likely to get one. Hopefully their service expansion plans are big.

I've been hoping for a STL Tesla shop for a couple years, it really fills a huge gap in the midwest. In addition, I travel to STL several times a year at it is just at the outside range of what I expect to get in the Model S. It would be a doable drive for my annual maintenance and any repairs and would offer a nice way to charge up for the return home, assuming they have a super charger. This is really great news for me and I think it opens up the Tesla Market to the Kansas City (KC) area, Springfield, and even several larger cities in Southern Illinois.

Tesla website says that the service center will open by March next year.
http://www.teslamotors.com/service/stlouis

That's great news. We need more exposure here. I've been invited by the Electric car club here to show my Model S at the St Louis auto show in January. Only snag is will I have my S by then. Fingers crossed. I really want to see more electric cars out here. Would be nice if the Midwest wasn't always last in adoption.