Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello From Seattle!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SuperCoug

Model S Res #7734
Mar 16, 2012
Bothell, WA
Hi Guys,
I'm in the Seattle area (Bothell) and I'm #7734 for the Model S. I've really enjoyed the board and all the great information. Thank you all for the frequent updates.

I'd love to hear about other members from Seattle.

--Eric

Welcome SuperCoug... Enjoy the forum while the excitement builds till delivery day. What version of the S are you getting and what color?

I'm going to get the base Model S, black on black with black leather interior and dark window tints to keep it from turning into an oven in the summer (although the climate control via iPhone for the Model S makes that less of an issue I guess). I like the all black color scheme and it's the same config that I have currently on my Mercedes (however those dark window tints cost me a $125 ticket last week after driving with them for almost 5 years).

I work for the Port of Seattle so my commute from Bothell to P69 downtown is 60 miles but I occasionally have meetings at the airport which adds another 28 miles. Therefore my magic number is about 100 miles of range. I don't want to have to plug in at work and it doesn't look like I'll have to even with the 40 Kwh battery. I might step up to the 60 Kwh battery but I really don't think it will get me anything other than a longer warranty and a bit quicker 0 - 60. (However, I may have to start pluggin in at work after a couple of years because of declining battery performance if I charge in standard mode)

Everybody who has posted is from Redmond so far? No real surprise there I guess. It's cool how many guys from Microsoft on the on reservation list! It really is their PERFECT target demographic.

I'm going to get the base Model S, black on black with black leather interior and dark window tints to keep it from turning into an oven in the summer (although the climate control via iPhone for the Model S makes that less of an issue I guess). I like the all black color scheme and it's the same config that I have currently on my Mercedes (however those dark window tints cost me a $125 ticket last week after driving with them for almost 5 years).

I work for the Port of Seattle so my commute from Bothell to P69 downtown is 60 miles but I occasionally have meetings at the airport which adds another 28 miles. Therefore my magic number is about 100 miles of range. I don't want to have to plug in at work and it doesn't look like I'll have to even with the 40 Kwh battery. I might step up to the 60 Kwh battery but I really don't think it will get me anything other than a longer warranty and a bit quicker 0 - 60. (However, I may have to start pluggin in at work after a couple of years because of declining battery performance if I charge in standard mode)

Everybody who has posted is from Redmond so far? No real surprise there I guess. It's cool how many guys from Microsoft on the on reservation list! It really is their PERFECT target demographic.

Congrats. It looks like that 60 mile commute for work is roundtrip? If you do have a place to plug in at work, you'll want to. 100 miles will kind of be close to the outer limit in a standard charge if you're traveling at typical 65-75 mph highway speeds most of the way. If you can setup up to the 60 kWh pack, that might be ideal and you could get access to the Superchargers in the area greatly extending the range once they're built out. You also have to consider 8 years from know, if you still have the Model S, and the range is down 5-10% (a guess) if that will impact your commute.

Last edited:
Greetings from Bellevue. I have been on the wait list about 3 years, #1112 for Model S. Wore Tesla hat and shirt to Exotic car show at Chateau St. Michelle yesterday which generated some interesting conversations . . .

Greetings from Bellevue. I have been on the wait list about 3 years, #1112 for Model S. Wore Tesla hat and shirt to Exotic car show at Chateau St. Michelle yesterday which generated some interesting conversations . . .

Welcome. I went there on a wine tour last time I was in Seattle. Awesome place and so is Seattle, one of my favorite cities. It has been a long wait but not too much longer.

Sig # 267 - Red Performance car. Home address is Redmond, but I'm right on the border of Kirkland, so it's fairer to say I'm in Kirkland. My wife will be the primary driver of the Model S until we get the Model X. So you'll our S mainly around Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond. Also a Husky as well!

I've been seeing an orange Roadster around Fremont lately. Noticed it yesterday on 45th. I wasn't driving #314 at the time. We have more locals that I realize. It's also very cool being so close to the South Lake Union Tesla dealer.