Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saleen say 2.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about calculating the mpg to 0-60 ratio?

Ballpark figures for the Tesla Roadster would be 130/4 which is around 30

If the Saleen could get 28 mpg it would score 10 on this scale.

I can't imagine anyone who purchases a Saleen to have the slightest concern at all about MPG. And the Tesla doesn't burn any gallons of anything, so MPG doesn't have any meaning in that context.

For the price of a Saleen, you could buy 5 Teslas and still have money leftover.

Of course, for the price of a Tesla you could buy 5 Cobalts and have money leftover.

Saleen promises an electric car in the works
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1088878_saleen-confirms-electric-car-development#src=10065
A salvo at Tesla's next Gen Roadster

Viknesh Vijayenthiran said:
Before you start imagining an electrified Saleen aimed at hybrid hypercars like the Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1 and Porsche 918 Spyder, recall that Saleen previously stated that its planned electric car was aimed at commercial and consumer markets.

To me this sounds like a competitor for the "P +" flavor of Gen3, not a competitor for next gen Roadster. Unless of course "P + flavor of Gen 3" is the next gen Roadster -- but I doubt that.

More specifically, I get the impression Saleen is looking at the 4 or 2+2 market but keep it "justifiable as a family car" (price and behavior) not a two-seater midlife crisis convertible.

If Saleen converts an existing Ford car/platform the design will be inherently flawed.

If it is building a BEV from scratch it will have difficulties achieving economies of scale to get the price and quality right.

Even in the extreme unlikelihood that Saleen matches or beats Tesla on specs, price, and quality Tesla will have the supercharger network to entice buyers.

There is a reason why there are not several Teslas and why Fisker failed.

This stuff is hard :)