Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston, TX

Can't wait to see it at Cars and Coffee. Congrats!

P1937 Reward Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteWait View Post
    What shop is this?
    It's called XPEL...
    220 Barren Springs Road, Suite 3
    Houston, TX 77090

I'm not sure if its a good idea to post the number. I can PM if you like. Ask for Eric and tell him Ken with the Blue S sent you.
    FYI, if you drive by make sure you have the number or they are expecting you as the whole place is behind locked gates.
    I just drove up from Sugar Land and had to wait a bit until someone randomly walked outside.

Well I'm off on Friday to pick up my car from the Austin Service Center. Seems like something has changed and now I can pick it up directly and have a walk through with my DS. Got insurance, CA temp plates/strip of paper and I'll swing by and get an inspection sticker before driving the 150 miles back home in my new P85. Fantastico!

Congratsulation Cyber. My final payment should arrive at Tesla today. My DS told me it would take 5 days to deliver the car from Austin to Houston. He never mentioned that I could pick it up! I would be a bit apprehensive to drive that distance my first time out, but then again I opted for the 60kw model.

Looks like we may have our first Houston Tesla Club meetup outside of Coffee and Cars. Mark your calendar for 3/21 at 5:30pm. All are welcome to join!

Buffalo Grille Academy & Bissonnet (West U)
    4080 Bissonnet St
    Houston, TX 77005

The Buffalo Grille - Houston, Texas
    713-661-3663

Wait is finally over; I have my Model S and it's perfect. I went through the delivery checklist and it was all there. Just waiting on the chrome plate on the UMC and the parcel shelf. Drove the 150 miles home from Austin with the Tesla grin on my face.

On the way to Austin we say a car transporter full of Model S's on 290 going towards Houston. Had a thought that there was a mix up and mine was on the transporter, but no, mine was waiting for me with a 270 range charge in Austin.

Having a problem setting up Homelink with my garage door opener. Tried pressing the button on the remote while holding it inside the Frunk, in front of the nose code, everywhere. No luck, no flash from the headlights. Any ideas?

Congrats! Post photos!

What type of garage door opener do you have? The newer kind requires that you press the 'learn' button on the opener itself.

I have one of the newer ones. So I don't use the remote at all? I press the learn button on the opener when the car is on the "searching" screen?

- - - Updated - - -

Success with the HomeLink! My car is now perfect. Thanks.

Yes, you still need the remote, but you also have to press learn to allow the opener to accept the new device. My Tesla screen actually popped up a reminder to do that, something it didn't do on an older opener (or maybe I had a newer firmware by then).

To program HomeLink:
    1. Park in front of the device you want to program (try moving closer if you are far, or a little farther if you are very close), and have the device’s remote control ready.
    2. Touch CONTROLS > SETTINGS > HOMELINK on the touchscreen. (Delete out any failed ones first.)
    3. Touch the ENTER NAME box, then use the on-screen keyboard to enter a name for your HomeLink device.
    4. Touch CREATE HOMELINK.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Usually you have 30 seconds or so from the time you press learn on the opener to the time you have to complete programming. Using two people can help with that. Good luck!

I have 2 garage door openers. One is 2002 and programmed easily. The other is 2012 and has a rolling code. There are extra steps with that. Follow the directions but the key step that is not mentioned is to put the remote only an inch or so from the bumper. That worked for me.

Thread Information