Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread: Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by polything View Post
    you are correct Mike! I have visual confirmation of the service center, not sure about super chargers.
    check it out . i took some pics
    Supercharger and Service center: Houston, Texas @ Airtex Industrial Center
    Those definitely look like supercharging pedestals in your picture. Great sleuthing and thanks for the shots!

Mike
    2013 Model S P85+ (VIN 13226) Traded in on...
    2014 Model S P85D (VIN 64272) Delivered 12/26/2014

Certainly looks like a standard half dozen Supercharger installation!
    Quote Originally Posted by polything View Post
    you are correct Mike! I have visual confirmation of the service center, not sure about super chargers.
    check it out . i took some pics
    Supercharger and Service center: Houston, Texas @ Airtex Industrial Center
    P85D | MC RED | 21" | Tech | Pano | Tan 2nd Gen Seats | dual chargers | VIN...P64055

I received a contract to sell my condo in the Houston inner loop. I will need to move to an apartment until my new condo is constructed 2 years from now. I am having difficulty figuring out how I can live in an apartment with a Chevrolet Volt and a Tesla Model S. Does anybody have recommendations for charging options? I prefer to live near my current location.
    VIN 13236, 85 kWh Battery, Performance Plus, Brown, 21" Grey Wheels, Tan Nappa Leather/Alacantara with Grey Piping, Carbon Fiber Décor Accents, Panoramic Roof, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor replaced with X-Pel, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tesla Motors Carbon Fiber Premium Center Console, Dual Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by gnelson View Post
    I received a contract to sell my condo in the Houston inner loop. I will need to move to an apartment until my new condo is constructed 2 years from now. I am having difficulty figuring out how I can live in an apartment with a Chevrolet Volt and a Tesla Model S. Does anybody have recommendations for charging options? I prefer to live near my current location.
    Do a lot of shopping at the HEB on Buffalo Speedway or Alabama and charge your Model S at the CHAdeMO while your there?
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by gnelson View Post
    IF you are resolved that an apartment is the route you need to go, Number one Option would be to enlist a realtor who could assist you locating an apartment that has charging WITH a specific unit or parking space that has access to an 50 amp outlet (or maybe an apartment/condo with a garage?)

Or perhaps you do a long term (2 year) lease/rent on a house?
    I have an aunt in North Houston (inside the Loop), and she is planning to move out of her house.
    Might not be exactly close to where you are looking to remain though.

I have looked @ plugshare.com for Houston, and there are lots of places to plug in.
    So you could use a CHAdeMO adaptor or the other Option which brings me to...

You may not even have to worry about charging your Tesla at home (much longer), as it appears Houston will soon have its very own Supercharger.
    You might be getting one of those memos from Elon though.

Charging the Volt is another thing.
    Maybe have your office building (where you work) install an outlet?

Quote Originally Posted by purplewalt View Post
    IF you are resolved that an apartment is the route you need to go, Number one Option would be to enlist a realtor who could assist you locating an apartment that has charging WITH a specific unit or parking space that has access to an 50 amp outlet (or maybe an apartment/condo with a garage?)

Or perhaps you do a long term (2 year) lease/rent on a house?
    I have an aunt in North Houston (inside the Loop), and she is planning to move out of her house.
    Might not be exactly close to where you are looking to remain though.

I have looked @ plugshare.com for Houston, and there are lots of places to plug in.
    So you could use a CHAdeMO adaptor or the other Option which brings me to...

You may not even have to worry about charging your Tesla at home (much longer), as it appears Houston will soon have its very own Supercharger.
    You might be getting one of those memos from Elon though.

Charging the Volt is another thing.
    Maybe have your office building (where you work) install an outlet?
    Actually the Volt is no problem because I can operate it with the ICE or use a 110 volt outlet to charge it. I don't live far from the Galleria and can also use Tesla chargers there.

As we like to travel a lot, we prefer having a high rise or mid rise building where we can close the door and forget about our residence.
    VIN 13236, 85 kWh Battery, Performance Plus, Brown, 21" Grey Wheels, Tan Nappa Leather/Alacantara with Grey Piping, Carbon Fiber Décor Accents, Panoramic Roof, Tech Package, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf, Paint Armor replaced with X-Pel, Carbon Fiber Spoiler, Tesla Motors Carbon Fiber Premium Center Console, Dual Chargers

CORRECTED DATE: Very short notice, but Thursday (2 July) the Ben & Jerry's Model S will be at the Tesla Westchase service center between 11am and 1pm! Stop by for free ice cream!

https://twitter.com/TeslaMotors/stat...13725317353472

Name:  Ben and Jerry's Model S.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  34.0 KB

Note: Tesla removed their original tweet and updated it with a corrected date.
    Last edited by stephenpace; 2015-06-30 at 09:10 AM.

With all this rain we've been having in Houston, I finally realized my windshield wipers make more noise than they should. A creaking noise, not an aged rubber blade on glass squeak. My 2001 Ford Ranger have quieter wipers that my Model S. Any one else have this problem?

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657

Thread Information