Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: Houston, TX

Reminder that Coffee and Cars is cancelled this weekend. However, Susan and I will be heading to Safeer's event. He's got 4 spots for us together if we arrive at 8:45am together. Anyone else interested in the other two spots?

Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/2561...ilter=upcoming

Official notification from Houston Coffee and Cars:

PLEASE SHARE: Important, we will NOT have a gathering this Saturday May 3rd! We will take a break as we coordinate improvements and work to improve the gathering together with the city. We WILL be back in June and with many surprises that you won't want to miss. This break is needed as very special machines (McLaren P1, Porsche 918 and Ferrari La Ferrari) will be presented to the public in the second half of the year. We appreciate everyone's help, support and we will see you June 7th!
    Last edited by stephenpace; 2014-04-29 at 01:25 PM.

Any chance of that Coffee & Cars will be moving to a more central location?

I certainly think there is a chance it will move, they are getting a lot of noise complaints. But I have no idea where they could move that would get less. Reliant Stadium, maybe?

Houston, TX

Anyone know if any if the lots at the Galveston port have chargers? I'm considering cruising out of there this winter. Want to take my S. Thanks in advance.

They don't, but if you stay at Hotel Galvez the night before your cruise you can charge there. The hotel garage has two Blink charging stations. Sometimes the spots are used for valet parking but if so the valet will move that car elsewhere.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Quote Originally Posted by TexasEV View Post
    They don't, but if you stay at Hotel Galvez the night before your cruise you can charge there. The hotel garage has two Blink charging stations. Sometimes the spots are used for valet parking but if so the valet will move that car elsewhere.
    Thank you. May be a plan.

Blink also has a pair in the parking lot at Jimmy Johns (right across from the terminal) and a pair at Tremont house. The Tremont one says "valet parking" ... so my question would be "since I am using this pay service, can I park there without staying at the hotel / eating at Jimmy Johns for a three or four day cruise?" I'm not pinching pennies, simply, for timing and planning purposes.

WJ
    Last edited by sublimaze1; 2014-05-12 at 01:51 PM.

I had forgotten about Tremont House. It's owned by the same company as Hotel Galvez. When we planned a trip to Galveston a few months ago I eliminated Tremont because I won't let anyone valet park my Model S.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Two events in Houston tomorrow:

1) Houston Coffee and Cars: https://www.facebook.com/coffeeandcars
    Arrive 6:30am to ensure a decent spot for parking, ignore the new map, try to park near our old location:

We Got Your Back Chiropractic - http://wegotyourbackchiropractic.com
    110 Vintage Park Blvd. Suite D Building J
    Houston, Texas 77070

2) Supercar Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/houstonsupercars
    Arrive no earlier than 8:45am as gates open at that time

I can't attend, but for those of you who do, have fun!

As a reminder, Coffee and Cars Houston is cancelled Saturday 8/2. However, Supercar Saturday is on and a few us will be there. Details:

Supercar Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/houstonsupercars

Please arrive no earlier than 8:45am as gates open at that time.

Quick comment on valet parking. Even though many hotels state that only valet parkers may drive valet cars, I've found on three occasions that if I asked for the bell station and talk to the bell captain, that they said they would allow me to park my own car. In all cases it was one in and one out, so it wasn't a lot of back and forth, but it was easy to get permission. I just noted the name that approved it and didn't have any problems when i got there. I parked it myself without incident, but obviosuly needed help getting into the parking area, which I did get.

david
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Thread Information