Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Orlando Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw on the Tesla website a reference to the Tesla Millenia Store listed under job locations....

Referring to the Millenia Mall? Probably....

neworchidct1.jpg

Cool. But I'd still prefer Tampa,..... George!

I, for one, am very excited about the idea of having a store at the Mall at Millenia. It's a very high-end property, along the lines of the Natick Collection in Massachusetts. The store would do a great job of spreading the word about Tesla to people around the country because of the vast tourism in Orlando.

The biggest obstacle that I can see is the large percentage of visitors to Orlando which are international ... but of course that can be a great opportunity too!

Having any Tesla facility in that area is a huge deal for the central and northern FLA guys like Larry.

Hi,

I'm not sure that you are referring to me. I'm in Sarasota that's neither Central or Northern Florida.

It goes without saying that once you've reserved a Tesla the issue of more stores is less important from a purely personal perspective. For me the Tampa service center is a REALLY BIG DEAL. :biggrin:

However, as the Founder of the Florida Tesla Motors Club the new Orlando store is important because it means more reservation holders and in turn more club members. Likewise, more service centers also help sell Teslas. So I am quite pleased to see four Tesla facilities in the state.

Larry

It goes without saying that once you've reserved a Tesla the issue of more stores is less important from a purely personal perspective. For me the Tampa service center is a REALLY BIG DEAL. :biggrin:

I agree with the service centre being a big deal. However, because the store is very likely to also have a Ranger, having a store in your area will dramatically reduce the costs of Ranger visits. For example right now the Ranger is located in Houston which is 400 miles away. Having a store and a Ranger in Dallas would reduce that to 20 or 30 miles. (I realize this is a Florida thread, but the same should hold true, even if the distances aren't quite what they are in my area)

.....because the store is very likely to also have a Ranger, having a store in your area will dramatically reduce the costs of Ranger visits.

Probably correct but I wouldn't necessarily make that assumption. If the store is on a street area area and can incorporate a service bay, then yes. If the store is in a mall (particularly one like Millenia) then it may not be possible.

OTOH, we have been seeing Tesla spreading service capability that is unrelated to the stores - Tampa, Atlanta, Raleigh and others.

BTW, a store is listed for Dallas-North-Park.

I agree with the service centre being a big deal. However, because the store is very likely to also have a Ranger, having a store in your area will dramatically reduce the costs of Ranger visits. For example right now the Ranger is located in Houston which is 400 miles away. Having a store and a Ranger in Dallas would reduce that to 20 or 30 miles. (I realize this is a Florida thread, but the same should hold true, even if the distances aren't quite what they are in my area)

Probably correct but I wouldn't necessarily make that assumption. If the store is on a street area area and can incorporate a service bay, then yes. If the store is in a mall (particularly one like Millenia) then it may not be possible.

OTOH, we have been seeing Tesla spreading service capability that is unrelated to the stores - Tampa, Atlanta, Raleigh and others.

BTW, a store is listed for Dallas-North-Park.

Hi Jerry,

I'm inclined to agree with Nigel. Texas is fairly unque in how it deals with manufacturer "dealerships" and therefore Tesla is likely to resort to different, more imaginative approaches with regard to the Ranger network.

Florida doesn't have this constraint and I would really be surprised if a Ranger was posted at a store when the service center will be only an hour away. I can picture some sales occuring at Florida service centers, but not service coming out of Florida stores.

Larry

Florida doesn't have this constraint and I would really be surprised if a Ranger was posted at a store when the service center will be only an hour away. I can picture some sales occuring at Florida service centers, but not service coming out of Florida stores.

I see I didn't explain myself all that well. What I was getting at was that the Ranger mileage would start at the store or service centre, whichever was closest to your location, rather than, say, the Ranger's home address. Not that the Ranger would actually have an office in the store.

I knew about the $100 and $1 per mile. I didn't realize they meant only Service Centre. I would have thought that either Service Centre or store would be the starting point, except perhaps in areas where they had both--then Service Centre only would make sense. The reason I thought this is that the Service Centre that services Texas is Chicago but they charge from the Houston store (according to Dallas Roadster owners).

My understanding is that the Ranger lives in Houston. I'm hoping they will add a Ranger in the DFW area.

You are correct. He lives in Houston. When the Houston store opened up and they were still sending people from Chicago I, along with others I'm sure, asked them if they could please use Houston as the starting point for Ranger fees and they agreed. Now that have a new and also awesome service person that lives in Houston. Florida is lucky to have so many stores and service areas coming online. Looks like adding Dallas will help.