Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today I Learned...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...that you can't sell cars on Sunday here in Illinois. At least that's what Mike at the Oakbrook, IL - Chicago store said.

Asked for price difference on Model S Basic and Signature and was told to come back on Monday because they can't sell on Sunday. They're open because of the retail part of the store.

Odd ... I met with the same Mike guy 2 weekends ago on a Sunday ... very helpful ... and asked him about pricing.

He gave me ball parks. Which I already knew.

They may not be able to take reservation deposits ... and at the time I was not back on the list yet ... but you can do that on their web site.

Guesses. Basically set for July which is when we expect deliveries to start. I'd planned to update them so folks could put actual delivery dates when they knew them, but haven't had the time (and no me yet knows hard dates anywho)

Odd ... I met with the same Mike guy 2 weekends ago on a Sunday ... very helpful ... and asked him about pricing.

He gave me ball parks. Which I already knew.

They may not be able to take reservation deposits ... and at the time I was not back on the list yet ... but you can do that on their web site.
Hmm..I guess somethings changed somewhere.

I knew ballpark figures, but wanted my wife to hear it from Mike. But Mike couldn't quote the prices since it's Sunday so I said the prices out loud and he just confirmed.

Guess it's a grey area ... cannot recall exact conversation ... but I was happy with visit ... first time I'd seen the S in the flesh ...

Spent 15 minutes with him.

I just cannot wait!

(Leaf will have to do in the meantime!) Not that there's anything wrong with the Leaf ... but a Tesla is a Tesla.