Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Coco Floor Mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking at the material samples Tesla has on display on their web site features page Model S Features | Tesla Motors The wood, leather and metal are easily identifiable both to their composition and where they belong on the car, however the one textile sample I cannot identify to where they appear on the car. It looks to be sisal. What ever the fabric/textile is, I thought it looked like the Coco floor mats Porsche used for their floor mats (don't know if they still do). Any ideas where this sample fits in on the Model S and what it is made out of?

Photo of coco car floor mat samples and photo of material samples from Tesla's web site.

View attachment 5720View attachment 5721

Last edited:
To me it looks like (left to right)...
- cup holders (between seats)
- grey leather with alcantara (seats)
- non-leather (seats)
- regular leather (seats)
- banana leaf ('raw' before use in dash)
- <dunno>

@brianman: I'd amend your list slightly:

- cup holders (between seats) showing banana leaf inset
- grey nappa leather with alcantara (seats)
- lacewood sample
- perforated nappa leather (seats)
- brushed aluminum of interior door handle (?)

@brianman: I'd amend your list slightly:

- cup holders (between seats) showing banana leaf inset
- grey nappa leather with alcantara (seats)
- lacewood sample
- perforated nappa leather (seats)
- brushed aluminum of interior door handle (?)

@Robert.Boston: I agree with your list of six items, however I see seven items. To my eyes there is an item between the lacewood sample and the perforated nappa leather sample that looks to me to be made of sisal, hence my speculation that factory coco mats might be in the offering.