Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

animated avatars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don't. They are really annoying. A certain very frequent (and productive) poster here just made his avatar animated, and it's supremely distracting. Stay with your cool Tesla pics! My two cents.

I have to agree. It is very distracting when you're trying to read. I hope this is a fad that goes away, or I'll have to stick to printed media. :frown:

GSP

I used Gickr.com - Best gif maker, make a gif in 2 seconds - upload pictures or get images from Flickr - was able to specify the exact dimensions; 80 px horizontal is the max allowed for the avatar here but, I had to use something lower to keep the file size under the max allowed 19.5 KB. If your original file doesn't stay under those caps when you attempt to upload to TMC, it gets munged further and you lose the animation.

TOO AWESOME ... CAN'T RESIST.

To this
anim_5b76bb3f-0e06-b984-4db2-b5b9b9653384.gif
from this
3.gif

You guys can't even stay on topic after I had moved this previously off topic subject to its own thread.

Regarding animated avatars, I haven't been encouraging them since some members have complained about them in the past (see top of thread). They don't bother me, but I can see how they can be distracting/annoying.