Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Boston store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just spotted this on Tesla's Career page.......

Title of PositionAscending Office Location # of openings Job Type
Service Manager - Boston, MA US-MA-Boston-Store 1 Full time

Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.

Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.

But they only look for humans? Sheesh, how narrow minded. TM: Contact MIB headquarters if you cannot find someone for the position in time. :biggrin:

We know that there is a posting for a service manager in Boston so they will have both. There is a building just SE of the Natick Mall that would be perfect.

Robert, are you referring to the old Sam's Club building (in the center of the "rotary"?

I asked my teenage daughter to scout out the entire mall and let me know if there was any signage - none yet.
I have her on a retainer and expect to hear updates as they come available :smile:

/Ed

Nicely done. No timeline though and no mention of the service center.

I am not sure anyone mentioned this yet, but It did mention an October opening date. Did that refer to a California not Mass store?

"Diarmuid O’Connell, a vice president of Tesla Motors, said the California company plans to open a boutique store in the mall in October."

Not sure if this has been discussed yet (I'm on the left coast and don't frequent the NE forum):

"It's not all good news in Teslaville, though. In Natick, MA, the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association and some Natick auto dealerships are questioning whether Tesla's store license there "should be revoked because the company has not met relevant state laws." The rub is that Tesla is not planning to offer any service at the Natick Mall location, since that location will be more a showroom than a dealership. Tesla has always wanted a more hands-on approach to selling cars, opting to set up a network of Apple Store-like dealerships and showrooms. An attorney for the dealers wrote to the town, saying, "We want to ensure that Tesla complies with all the same requirements that our new car dealership members are required to comply with. We want to work with the town to make sure everyone is treated fairly." The store would be Tesla's first Massachusetts location. "

Tesla will hold 5,000 test drives in 45 days, but theres trouble in MA

Not sure if this has been discussed yet (I'm on the left coast and don't frequent the NE forum):

"It's not all good news in Teslaville, though. In Natick, MA, the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association and some Natick auto dealerships are questioning whether Tesla's store license there "should be revoked because the company has not met relevant state laws." The rub is that Tesla is not planning to offer any service at the Natick Mall location, since that location will be more a showroom than a dealership. Tesla has always wanted a more hands-on approach to selling cars, opting to set up a network of Apple Store-like dealerships and showrooms. An attorney for the dealers wrote to the town, saying, "We want to ensure that Tesla complies with all the same requirements that our new car dealership members are required to comply with. We want to work with the town to make sure everyone is treated fairly." The store would be Tesla's first Massachusetts location. "

Tesla will hold 5,000 test drives in 45 days, but theres trouble in MA
From source article: Auto dealers group wants Natick to revoke electric car license - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
Silverman said it is unclear whether Tesla plans to sell vehicles or simply run a showroom. They sought a license for sales, but Building Commissioner Michael Melchiorri wrote in a letter to the town that the applicant’s attorney has indicated they have no plans to sell cars or parts at the Natick Mall site.

Car salesrooms are prohibited at and near the Natick Mall by town zoning, but Melchiorri wrote this is “more of a ‘showroom’ for all electric car technology and a display location for Tesla projects.”

Spotted by a friend in the Mall today ...

TeslaNatickComingSoon.JPG

Ed - thanks for the info on the Natick Store - it's 5 minutes from my house too - i'm just about to finalize my order and this info helped to expedite. When is your delivery scheduled?

Hi Jack, I just got my email this week. Unfortuantely I'm traveling for 2 weeks so when I get back I'll have to whip something together.

@Cinergi, I meant to take a pic of the sign before I left, saw it on the way into the mall but spaced on the way out...