Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation #: 126
Contact date: 4/18/2012
Est. Delivery date: 8/15/2012 <My bet late July, She'a a Leo!>
Optional Comments: Out the door price: High,
color, options etc. Sig Perf, Sig Red, pano roof, Black, Carb fiber, 19" Aero wheels (!), HPWC hoping for a reverse cable back to the Roadster, they will ask HQ about it.
Had fun in the DC office going through the config and questions, on Earth Day!. Great group! Its Interesting what they still don't know: Internet connection, Pano roof blind mechanism, whose gps stuff details, valet key info, entry mechanism if keyless is dead, and trunk, frunk opening mechanism, actual decisions of supercharging locations East Coast. Some software features may not be there but would come in a later 'firmware' updates.
You can easily add the kids rear seats later.
They are working on trade-ins, Roadster or your other non-Tesla vehicle.
On the factory visit, they can't assure you see your car but they would get you close.
Hope that helps -

BTW, I have it from trusted sources that the "Estimated Delivery Date" is not arrived at via any sort of calculation, and that it will vary based on who at Tesla is filling out the MVPA. So, I was advised not to put any real weight behind it - it's most likely just a guess.

This looks to be 20 at a time. Can we keep the discussion on what #s have gotten called into the appropriate thread??

Our Options:
Sig Performance, sig red, 21" wheels, Pano roof, white interior, rear spoiler, CF trim, HPC 2.0 and NO Rear facing seats. Will Edit with a date later.

EDIT: August 2012

Last edited:
To those of you who have received the "time to build" email and who have finalized your options, can you tell me at what point in the process your deposit goes non-refundable? I am Signature reservation holder #695 and am just crossing my fingers I will have a chance to test drive and hear some feedback from reviewers/early reservation holders before I have to go non-refundable, since $40k is a real chunk of change.

To those of you who have received the "time to build" email and who have finalized your options, can you tell me at what point in the process your deposit goes non-refundable? I am Signature reservation holder #695 and am just crossing my fingers I will have a chance to test drive and hear some feedback from reviewers/early reservation holders before I have to go non-refundable, since $40k is a real chunk of change.

It appears that you'll have 30 days after you are contacted to get the contract done at which time $10,000 become non-refundable.

Only $10k is non-refundable once you sign the contract. You can read through this thread: It's Time to Build Your Model S and the early sig holders describe the process. I believe you do a configuration, they send over the paperwork to verify your choices, you send that back, they send you a contract w/ all the details, estimated delivery date, make you sign that $10k becomes non-refundable, etc. I'm not sure how long you can sandbag the process without doing an official deferment. If you live near or are willing to travel to the Bay Area I am confident you'll be able to test drive before your number comes up.

Reservation #: SSL 183
Contact date: 5/1/2012
Est. Delivery date: September 2012
Spec : Sig Red Performance, Tan Leather/Alcantara Interior with Carbon Fiber Decor, Pano Roof, 21" Silver Wheels with High Performance Tires, Rear Spoiler, HPC.

Last edited: