Page 165 of 237 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2369

Thread: Latest "Finalize your order" date

I also got my finalize e-mail last night, for reservation number 10,074. I was taken by surprise, but I was able to get an insurance quote today, and confirm that my garage has the proper wiring to support a 240V outlet, so I finalized this afternoon. It said my delivery estimate was Feb/March, but I'm skeptical of that, given my high reservation number.

I debated quite a bit on the tech package and the color (black or grey), but in the end I decided on Black, and opted to skip the tech package.

Black, 85 kWh, Active Air Suspension, Panoramic Roof, and Black Leather with Obeche Wood Gloss

Quote Originally Posted by jvonbokel View Post
    It said my delivery estimate was Feb/March, but I'm skeptical of that, given my high reservation number.
    Everyone keeps saying this.

I think it's fairly reasonable to believe the window to be accurate. There are cancellations. Some reservation holders want 40 and 60 versions. Some want regular suspension or red paint. And based on these boards, it's certain that the MS is being delivered out of sequence (in some cases, way out of sequence).
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.s View Post
    Got my Pre-MVPA this morning. Signed, countersigned and my Model S has been ordered!!!!

Aaron
    Congratulations Aaron. Glad it finally came through! Now the other wait begins. What delivery window were you given?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Everyone keeps saying this.

I think it's fairly reasonable to believe the window to be accurate. There are cancellations. Some reservation holders want 40 and 60 versions. Some want regular suspension or red paint. And based on these boards, it's certain that the MS is being delivered out of sequence (in some cases, way out of sequence).
    60's will be well underway by Feb/Mar, and 40's, red paint and normal suspension are all also due in March, so if anything March will be really busy catching up with those orders. Definitely things are being build out of order, but that means you might get it earlier or might get it later. Better to assume later.

P85 & 40kw
    If you asked me some 10 days ago if P4218 will have a delivery window of 12/17 to 12/31, I would have said no way!! At 400 cars a week, by the end of march that's 5000 cars being built just in Q1. Now, I'm more optimistic that I could see my car in February, but won't be disappointed if it slips further out into march.

P10010 received finalize email last night, finalized and submitted MVPA tonight. Dolphin Grey, Pano roof, Grey leather interior, 85KW, every option except for paint protection and rear folding jump seats.. Went with dual chargers as well, since I built my own 75A OpenEVSE. The Grey leather may delay the estimated delivery window of "Feb/March 2013" as there was a little "asterisk" next to the Grey leather that said "not going into production until March 2013"
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    P10010 received finalize email last night, finalized and submitted MVPA tonight. Dolphin Grey, Pano roof, Grey leather interior, 85KW, every option except for paint protection and rear folding jump seats.. Went with dual chargers as well, since I built my own 75A OpenEVSE. The Grey leather may delay the estimated delivery window of "Feb/March 2013" as there was a little "asterisk" next to the Grey leather that said "not going into production until March 2013"
    This is weird - I thought I have seen some recent deliveries with Grey leather from the other thread. If this is true, then I might need to change my leather color choice to avoid further delay on my delivery. I was expecting a Jan/Feb delivery based on George's communication on 60 kWh schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mitch672, would it be possible to post an image capturing the "asetrisk" with "not going into production until March 2013"? From my view, I still see "Enters production November 2012". Thanks in advance.

Probably not, that was on my finalize page, I didn't take a screenshot...
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Probably not, that was on my finalize page, I didn't take a screenshot...
    Hmm, I just called Tesla to inquire about the Grey leather delay and they are not aware of it. So if anyone happen to see the "asetrisk" next to this option in the future, can you kindly take a screenshot of it? Thanks.

I was given a February/March delivery estimate.

I wasn't going to initially get the Air Suspension, but since standard suspension wasn't going into production until march, I opted in just in case the potential for getting it earlier was there. I'm sure I'll be happy I got it!

I feel that Feb/March may be accurate considering what has been stated here in addition to possible cancellations up through my #9,094 reservation!

Aaron
    Tesla Model S "Serenity" - P#9,094 - VIN #: 3449 (2013)
    85kWh | Blue Metalic Paint | Tech Package | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Panoramic Roof | 19" Wheels | Air Suspension

Thread Information