Page 123 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2369

Thread: Latest "Finalize your order" date

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grisnjam View Post
    I plan on the same hour ...
    I at least waited until I got home from work!
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

When I asked by email, I was told there was no difference in your delivery date unless you took longer than 30 days. Sign on day 1 or day 30, exactly the same.

I was told to get it finalized as soon as possible as it could make a difference in delivery order due to batching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    You should know soon if they are ramping up production so even if you get your e-mail in late September, you'll have until late October to finalize. The wait is almost over. Good luck.
    You can let the Finalize date 'drift' for about 6 mo., and pull the trigger (starting the 60 day delivery clock) anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wycolo View Post
    > Maybe, just maybe, Elon and crew have been sand bagging on us. [SCW-Greg]

I have not read enough to support the assumption that a significant ramp-up is possible. ...
    Someone with line experience said once checks are finished, it's more like flipping the "ON" switch, jumping to full production immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PattyChuck View Post
    So when does the 30-day "Finalize" clock begin? When the button shows up, or when you get the email?

(Not like I'm checking "My Garage" every five minutes, but... just curious)
    The 30 days is just the deadline for not changing the delivery date. If you go past that, delivery "walks" for as many days as you delay, remaining 60 days in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian H View Post
    You can let the Finalize date 'drift' for about 6 mo., and pull the trigger (starting the 60 day delivery clock) anytime.
    <snip>
    The 30 days is just the deadline for not changing the delivery date. If you go past that, delivery "walks" for as many days as you delay, remaining 60 days in the future.
    This is just one interpretation and not the facts as stated by Tesla. You might be right, but maybe not.

I haven't seen any more configuration email notices in the last week unless I missed them. I am p 5810 still do not have configuration opinion on my garage.

from my Samsung galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by xhawk101 View Post
    I haven't seen any more configuration email notices in the last week unless I missed them. I am p 5810 still do not have configuration opinion on my garage.

from my Samsung galaxy s3
    Maybe they have enough configs to keep 'em busy for awhile .
    P85 VIN55228. Black and tan w/ Carbon Fiber decor, spoiler, coils, Pano, Reus audio (To be installed), 20" Avant Garde M310s (Matte Black), tech, parking sensors, premium lighting.
    (Original Model S, now in hEaVen: VIN 1653, S85, Dolphin Gray)

Quote Originally Posted by teslasguy View Post
    I was told to get it finalized as soon as possible as it could make a difference in delivery order due to batching.
    Depends on what reservation number you are, considering they are asking even those in the 5000's to finalize their order. For instance, #5000 will not be produced until November at the earliest anyways, so whether #5000 finalizes his order today or 30 days from now, that's not going to effect his production date.

This thread seems to have gone a bit cold. Has anyone over 6000 been called yet?

P6316
    Quote Originally Posted by iridium View Post
    This thread seems to have gone a bit cold. Has anyone over 6000 been called yet?
    P6316 and still waiting (I check my Tesla Garage a few times a day). Looks like they have lined up all the orders needed to fully ramp for 2012. Should resume at the steady state finalize rate soon I would think.
    John Griswell
    60 kWh Model S Production - Vin P04018

Thread Information