Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S comes to the Sarasota Yacht Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Florida reservation holder, I received the following email from Tesla Florida:

Private Cocktail Reception for Reservation Holders and Owners.

The Beta version is a 90% production intent prototype of Model S. Guests will be able to sit in the vehicle while viewing a brief demonstration of the 17" touchscreen.

Cocktail Reception:
Saturday, April 28th
6pm - 8pm

Please RSVP to attend.

Public Viewing Hours:
April 28th - April 29th
10am - 6pm

Sarasota Yacht Club
1100 John Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236

Attachments

• models_blurb_12jan4.jpg
    models_blurb_12jan4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 629
We were there Aug. 20, 2011, sat in the car and played with the touch screen, but no cocktail party, so this is progrss.

Hi Hubertz,

Yes, my wife and I were there on August 20th, and after seeing the car I immediately gave them my deposit. My avatar photo was taken there.

A number of our club members will be meeting on April 28th at the Yacht Club. We would enjoy meeting you if your plans permit.

Larry

sarasota yacht club

As a Florida reservation holder, I received the following email from Tesla Florida:

Private Cocktail Reception for Reservation Holders and Owners.

The Beta version is a 90% production intent prototype of Model S. Guests will be able to sit in the vehicle while viewing a brief demonstration of the 17" touchscreen.

Cocktail Reception:
Saturday, April 28th
6pm - 8pm

Please RSVP to attend.

Public Viewing Hours:
April 28th - April 29th
10am - 6pm

Sarasota Yacht Club
1100 John Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236

See you there!

What a great turn-out of Florida reservation holders!

We had a super time. Tesla and the Sarasota Yacht Club were terrific hosts.

Here's a photo with a few of our club members with our new Florida Store manager.

Larry

Attachments

• Sarasota Yacht Club April 2012 003.JPG
    Sarasota Yacht Club April 2012 003.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Congressman Vern Buchanan (R-FL) even stopped in for a look!

View attachment 5742

Hi Nigel,

I stopped the Congressman, shook his hand, and said something like, "Congressman, I hope we can count on your support for electric vehicles", forgetting that he owns a string of car dealerships. :redface:

He very diplomatically responded that he supports all kinds of vehicles.

Larry

/\ He sold all his car dealerships with the exception of "Sarasota Ford", but he did tell me that he supports the development of EV's in the U.S. primarily to reduce our dependency on foreign oil. (I don't agree with our Congressman on all issues but I do have to say that he and his wife are big supporters of Mote Marine Lab so he has some "eco-cred" in my eyes).

Hi Steven,

It was good meeting you, albeit brief. How did my fellow Sarasotians react to the Model S?

Larry

They loved it and couldn't stop talking about it during dinner. They were blown away by the styling, technology and the vision of Elon Musk and TM. I think we'll see an S and X reservation soon. On a personal note, I'm sold on Sarasota. I never thought I would be drawn to FL; I like the west coast scene, but Sarasota is a special place.

They loved it and couldn't stop talking about it during dinner. They were blown away by the styling, technology and the vision of Elon Musk and TM. I think we'll see an S and X reservation soon. On a personal note, I'm sold on Sarasota. I never thought I would be drawn to FL; I like the west coast scene, but Sarasota is a special place.

That's not surprising, is it? :wink:

It's always such fun getting together with other enthusiasts. Perhaps if thery're interested in joining the club I'll get a chance to meet them.

Yes, we fell in love with Sarasota 8 years ago. We had never been on the west coast. It took us just one single vacation on Siesta Key Beach, and just two months later we put in our retirement papers and moved down here.

Larry