Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ICE parking on Charging Station spots ticketable in Florida

Model S Perf Sig 1232 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Time to start reporting everyone who needs a ticket, obviously.
    Obviously. However, its a 30 minute drive for me to get to these chargers so its not feasible for me to police this situation. I've sent an email to the local government employee responsible for installing these chargers. I asked her to discuss the situation with the parking enforcement officer. Specifically I asked her if these blatant deliberate attempts to block the EV spaces could be escalated to towing or booting without waiting for a minimum number of tickets.

Larry

I came up simple one page document, large font, saying in effect please do not do this as other need to charge and by allowing us to charge we decrease the demand for oil keeping prices lower for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    This problem with folks with an anit-EV attitude is bigger than I imagined. ...

Larry it's been like this for more than a decade. I've only been EV for three years but the EV vets I hang with have been dealing with this here in CA since the EV1, Ford Ranger days.

This is why my solution(s) seemed radical to some who are just getting out and experiencing it.
    The world loves to be deceived.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    The perception problem is that handicapped spots are almost always empty and even when they are not 50% of the time the car with the handicapped sticker doesn't have a handicapped person driving it and the driver is just using the handicapped sticker to get special treatment. Now because of the access laws, EV spots have to be next to the handicapped spots because they have to be accessible to handicapped EVers. If it wasn't for that, the EV spots could be in an unobtrusive area and no one would ever notice.

The typical ICE driver only sees that the best ten to twenty parking spaces are wasted and thinks that it's highly unfair.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683 jordanthompson's Avatar
    Name:  IMG_20120922_153853.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  3.29 MB
    This was at the Salvador Dali Museum this weekend. This Mitsubishi's driver was told by the parking attendant that she could park here if she couldn't find another open spot (at least that's what she told me.) Of course she's from Alabama (do they have electricity in Alabama ?)
    "No matter where you go, you're already there in your Tesla" -- Paraphrased from Buckaroo Banzai

Blog Entries
    At the Dali museum today:

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 218
Size:  192.3 KB

BTW, they are charging $5 for parking now, We went to see the Titanic Exhibition at the Mahaffey (on the same campus as Dali) - highly recommend it!

Tip: the cables on the chargepoints at Dali don't reach the Model S port if you drive in forwards. Reverse into the space and you have no problem.
    Last edited by NigelM; 12-20-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Secret Agent
    Grumble grumble.
    11 spots.

11 spots in St. Pete... that I wasn't able to charge at... because they were ICE'd.
    All 4 Vinoy indoor parking spots. 1 spot across from the Vinoy. 2 along Gulf Dr. All 4 Dali Museum spots.

The city garages have chargers... so I was able to find some juice... for a premium.

All but the indoor Vinoy spots are clearly marked. Different color paint lines, etc.

I think that the significant paint markings earlier in this topic (as seen in CA) may help prevent ICEing.
    Silver P85. Tampa. Received 2/22/13.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaLiam View Post
    Grumble grumble.
    11 spots.

11 spots in St. Pete... that I wasn't able to charge at... because they were ICE'd.
    All 4 Vinoy indoor parking spots. 1 spot across from the Vinoy. 2 along Gulf Dr. All 4 Dali Museum spots.

The city garages have chargers... so I was able to find some juice... for a premium.

All but the indoor Vinoy spots are clearly marked. Different color paint lines, etc.

I think that the significant paint markings earlier in this topic (as seen in CA) may help prevent ICEing.

should've added their photos to ICE shaming
    Canadian Model S - P98 - VIN 5297: 85kWh, Dolphin Grey, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio+, Air, 19", Pano, Twin, Parcel
    Reservation made November, 2010
    Brought home March, 2013

2013 P85+, X seq 2,318 andrewket's Avatar
    It's tempting to create a fake ticket and leave it on their windshield. $500 fine.

If you made it $50 with a return envelope I bet a bunch people would send it in.

Disclaimer: I don't condone this behavior.
    Model S P85+, red/black, CF trim+spoiler, pano, 21" silver, tech, sound, twin, 3rd row.
    Model X sequence P2,318 (gave up S476)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewket View Post
    It's tempting to create a fake ticket and leave it on their windshield. $500 fine.

If you made it $50 with a return envelope I bet a bunch people would send it in.

Disclaimer: I don't condone this behavior.
    Also not condoning the behavior. But it would be prudent to address the envelope to a (EV-related) charity of your choice, rather than putting your name out there.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information