Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Long Will Elon Be CEO? (SpaceX and Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am curious what you all think about this topic. As we all know both SpaceX and Tesla are primarily driven by Elon and his desire to change the world. He has stated numerous times that he didn't want to take on the role of CEO. So that question is, how long do you think he will remain to be so?

I am a fan of both companies, and I tend to believe he will not leave Tesla until it is completely successful and self-sustainable, and will push as hard as possible to get there. So I am thinking not until Bluestar is a resounding success and public consciousnesses accepts electric as the immediate future.

That said I personally believe it is almost inevitable he will step down as CEO of Tesla if SpaceX really starts to reach their objectives and keep growing.

Your thoughts?

Elon musk is bound by the deal with Daimler that saved Tesla to stay C.E.O. of Tesla Motors until after the launch of Model S. After that who knows. I personally think he deserves to have more of a life,.. After Model S of course & maybe Model X then there's always Mars so..

Yeah.. no, Elon must stay C.E.O. Forever! We (Earth) need Him!

While he may need/want a bit more of a life, many people describe him as one of the hardest working people in Silicone Valley. There seems to be no level to his ambition. So I only assume as his profile gets bigger, he will want to continue to stay on until Tesla is a recognized success. He puts a lot of emotion into his companies and how they reflect on him I feel.

While he may need/want a bit more of a life, many people describe him as one of the hardest working people in Silicone Valley. There seems to be no level to his ambition. So I only assume as his profile gets bigger, he will want to continue to stay on until Tesla is a recognized success. He puts a lot of emotion into his companies and how they reflect on him I feel.

I fear that at some point he'll feel he's accomplished a lot at Tesla and that the folks can take it from there. Sadly, I think that's when the bean counters will take over and Tesla falls in danger of becoming just like the others unless someone with a similar vision succeeds him.