Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calling all TESLA Owners! Join first ever EV relay across USA May 25th>31st NY>LA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone
We are indeed filming this epic attempt to do an EV Relay across the USA, within the famous supercar rally Gumball3000.
Please check the exact route and details on Gumball 3000 - Official Website

I want to extend our invitation to all Tesla owners to display their cars at each check point and join us long the route:
Times Square grid on 24th
25th depart for Toronto
26th/27th at the Indy500!
28th in Kansas City
29th Santa Fe
30th Las Vegas
31st Hollywood

We will be doing a profile of each car and its driver and ideally interview you for the film.
Owners and their guests can take part in whichever or all aspects, including the glamorous parties hosted each night.
As long as your batteries are charged for the next day!

And of course, if they really want to get involved, they can fill a slot in the actual relay between New York and Los Angeles.
Quite the logistics, timing is everything, so please get in touch as soon as possible.

Pass this around, and have any and all email me with a photo of their beloved Tesla and we will be sure to get you involved in every way possible.

All the best
Karta Healy
Founder of A>>B AgotoB
AB : Urban Vehicle Agency

3000 miles in 7 days? That means an average of 428 miles per day. With full guaranteed access to 100 Amps nominal in a breaker panel twice a day, it might be possible, but it would require charging twice a day at about 4 hours per. That's 8 hours of charging plus at least 7 hours of driving. 15 hours per day dedicated to the car, using a Roadster with a perfect pack.

We'll be able to truly join up with you once Elon offers us 400-500 mile range, but we'll only be token participants until then! 8^D I wish you would have chosen to pass through Minnesota instead of... ahem... Kansas. 8^P

3000 miles in 7 days? That means an average of 428 miles per day. With full guaranteed access to 100 Amps nominal in a breaker panel twice a day, it might be possible, but it would require charging twice a day at about 4 hours per. That's 8 hours of charging plus at least 7 hours of driving. 15 hours per day dedicated to the car, using a Roadster with a perfect pack.
If it's an EV relay, then it's multiple cars, each completing specific slots or stages. The need for guaranteed charging goes away, but the need for cars goes way up :smile:
KartaAgotoB said:
And of course, if they really want to get involved, they can fill a slot in the actual relay between New York and Los Angeles.
Quite the logistics, timing is everything, so please get in touch as soon as possible.

Wow, what an annoying web site, flash crap, changing images, banners flashing across the map...when will people learn that simple is better.
I do like the idea, wish it was going to be a little closer to me, don't think it'll be worth the Drive to STL or KC just to watch a car drive by.

Need for Cars-Indeed!

Gumballers always say to the cops: 'It's not a race, it's a rally.' Now we must say: 'It's a relay not a rally...'
We are lining up EVs of all shapes, sizes (and range) nose to tail across the country, as one runs out of juice we (hopefully) pull up alongside another at their charging bay and pass the torch, my only luggage should be a 2kva Honda suitcase! Spread the word. Cars needed! Karta

If it's an EV relay, then it's multiple cars, each completing specific slots or stages. The need for guaranteed charging goes away, but the need for cars goes way up :smile:

Here is the exact schedule of locations, where most EVs are welcome to be on display and drive a portion of the rally, get in touch asap to book your slot:

Location Car Display Location Hotel Date-ARRIVAL-Time Date-DEPARTURE-Time

New York Times Square W Hotel 5/24/12 10am - 3pm 5/25/12 12 noon
Niagara Skylon Tower na 5/25/12 7-10pm 5/25/12 8-11pm
Toronto Cumberland Street Toronto Hyatt 5/25/12 10pm - 12:30 5/26/12 8-10am
Detroit Gm Center na 5/26/12 11am-3pm 5/26/12 12 - 4pm
Indianapolis Monument Circle IndY Hyatt 5/26/12 5pm - 9pm 5/27/12 7am
Indy 500 Indi Motor Speedway IndY Hyatt 5/27/12 7:15am 5/28/12 10am
St. Louis TBC na 5/28/12 1:30pm - 3pm 5/28/12 2:30pm - 4pm
Kansas Hotel Car Park Intercontinental 5/28/12 6pm - 9pm 5/29/12 9am
Topeka Heartland Racetrack na 5/29/12 11am - 12pm 5/29/12 2pm
Amarillo Steak House na 5/29/12 4pm - 11pm 5/29/12 ~
Santa Fe Santa Fe Plaza Inn @ Loretto 5/29/12 9pm - 1am 5/30/12 9am
Grand Canyon GC National Park na 5/30/12 3pm - 5pm 5/30/12 330 - 530pm
Las Vegas Hotel Car Park Cosmopolitan 5/30/12 6pm - 12am 5/31/12 1pm
Death Valley Look Out Point na 5/31/12 3pm - 4pm 5/31/12 330 - 430pm
Los Angeles Hotel Car Park The Roosevelt 5/31/12 7pm 5/31/12 9pm

Agree about the web site. Couldn't be worse. And the people pictured? Look more like escaped felons that EV owners:)

Wow, what an annoying web site, flash crap, changing images, banners flashing across the map...when will people learn that simple is better.
I do like the idea, wish it was going to be a little closer to me, don't think it'll be worth the Drive to STL or KC just to watch a car drive by.