Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: UoCS Study: How Green are Electric Cars?

Quote Originally Posted by drees View Post
    Sure, if the thing starts burning oil due to leaky rings or valve seals things are going to go downhill, but in general with a fuel injected car which has been maintained well you will not see any significant change MPG or emissions.
    Which is part of my point that ICE cars get dirtier as the age. Sure CARB and some other states limit the amount of allowed exhaust annually but where is that burning oil you mention going to? What about the ground oil that is on parking spaces and roadways? That did not stop when Smog checks began. Dirty is dirty.

Lets look at all the other ways ICEs continue to get dirty. Have you been to Mexico? What if they drove all EVs there and the rest of the world? What about the worldwide millions of non smog checked garden tools, motorcycles, forklifts, construction equipment, golfcarts, etc., etc, all which would be clean on day one and day1000 if they were all electric and not gas, oil-gas mix or diesel from day one to dirty 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by johns258 View Post
    Back of the basis of this Tread: If it "All depends upon the sources of your power," why aren't we being inundated with ads from Solar City to install solar panels? Seems to me that Elon is missing a marketing opportunity.
    "If this is the future, I'm not that worried." Jay Leno (after driving a Tesla)
    Deposit: Oct '09. 2nd Model S: 85, Red, Tan Leather, Obeche Matte, Tech, Pano, Active Air, Armor, 19"

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    Back of the basis of this Tread: If it "All depends upon the sources of your power," why aren't we being inundated with ads from Solar City to install solar panels? Seems to me that Elon is missing a marketing opportunity.
    I actually called Solar City, but it didn't work out that well. Here in Texas the only two choices are pay cash and buy or pay cash for the entire lease term up front. At a bit over $8K to put panels up that would do about 40% of my current electric bill ( $150 - $200 /month) makes the pay back period too long.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

P#3867
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    I actually called Solar City, but it didn't work out that well. Here in Texas the only two choices are pay cash and buy or pay cash for the entire lease term up front. At a bit over $8K to put panels up that would do about 40% of my current electric bill ( $150 - $200 /month) makes the pay back period too long.
    heck, when i tried to talk to solar city, they wouldn't even talk to me here in virginia. Stupid state.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    [Moderator's Note: the Gardening Tools discussion has moved.]

Thread Information