Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla would like your help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Blurry_Eyed

MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761
Dec 29, 2011
I received this from Tesla asking us for assistance in assimilating all the incentives that are available around the country:

'We have a slightly updated incentive section on our website that has a new email [email protected] – we encourage all customers to use that email to inform us of any incentives that they are aware of that we do not have on the website. Since there are so many state and local incentives, we greatly appreciate any information so we can update our website for all customers to access these wonderful incentives for Model S owners.'

Yes the same page for the canadian version of the site is very outdated. The news header is ok, but the Learn More link points to the tax department where it is impossible to find anything related to electric car incentives...

Here's what I just posted to the Tesla incentive email address (hopefully, it is more responsive than the PR/webmaster email to which I emailed the same info a while back ) :

Hello, Just heard you are looking for updated info about incentives, so here it is for Quebec, which is very outdated on your site, here: Incentives for Purchasing an Electric Vehicle in Canada | Tesla Motors

The Learn More link for Quebec, points to Quebec's tax department, which reminds me more of tax time, than the pleasure of driving electric ...

There is a site dedicated to the incentives program since January : (french only at this time) Véhicules électriques - Site du gouvernement du Québec
I have asked about an english version of the site, but it seems it is not ready yet. You can inquire here :

[email protected]
Marie-Claude Michel
Chargée de projet
Direction des secteurs du transport, de l'industrie et de l'innovation technologique
Bureau de l'efficacité et de l'innovation énergétiques
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de la Faune
5 700, 4e Avenue Ouest, RC
Québec (Québec) G1H 6R1

Also, the new public charging network has been put in service on march 30th : Over 100 chargers at groceries, hardware stores and restaurants... More to come...

The news (french only): Inauguration du Circuit bec
The site (english & french) Electric Circuit

Yes the same page for the canadian version of the site is very outdated. The news header is ok, but the Learn More link points to the tax department where it is impossible to find anything related to electric car incentives...

Here's what I just posted to the Tesla incentive email address (hopefully, it is more responsive than the PR/webmaster email to which I emailed the same info a while back ) :

Here's the answer from their email system :
Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]
Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required

Seriously, Exchange 2007 !!!

Anyone managed to get through ?

Sent a test message. Apparently you can't send to them without auth. Their mail server is configured for outbound sending rather than for receiving mail.

[email protected]
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##

Apparently they use a third party service in New York:

Received: from mail87.messagelabs.com (216.82.250.19) by SJC01-CASHUB1.teslamotors.com (10.32.0.24) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.2.255.0; Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:55:09 -0700

Note that I'm not using exchange, so the problem is not client dependent. It's server configurations. Only trained professionals should manage a mail system.

Seriously, Exchange 2007 !!!

Anyone managed to get through ?

I still run Exchange 2007 also. When upgrading to 2010 (I believe that is still the most current) it was large cost increase, lots of labor without a lot of benefit. It also outmoded some of our integral software that was not compatible with 2010. My company decided to stick with 2007. Good decision IMO!

I still run Exchange 2007 also. When upgrading to 2010 (I believe that is still the most current) it was large cost increase, lots of labor without a lot of benefit. It also outmoded some of our integral software that was not compatible with 2010. My company decided to stick with 2007. Good decision IMO!

Which is why Google Apps enterprise made such a good solution (for us anyway)

Sent a test message. Apparently you can't send to them without auth. Their mail server is configured for outbound sending rather than for receiving mail.

[email protected]
#550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.AuthRequired; authentication required ##

Apparently they use a third party service in New York:

Received: from mail87.messagelabs.com (216.82.250.19) by SJC01-CASHUB1.teslamotors.com (10.32.0.24) with Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.2.255.0; Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:55:09 -0700

Note that I'm not using exchange, so the problem is not client dependent. It's server configurations. Only trained professionals should manage a mail system.

Address will be fixed in the morning...