Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Military members

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it would be interesting to see how many people are currently or were previously in the military. I have seen several posts of people mentioning USAA and have seen a couple about the military. I previously didn't think there would be a lot of military Tesla enthusiasts.

I have been in the Army since 2004 and I am an EOD Team Leader. I am from Sonora CA, I am stationed out of Fort Bragg NC, and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I heard about Tesla in early 2009 and put down a reservation for the Model S. I have reservation P564.

Welcome! I have no military background but have USAA through a family member. Have a brother who was in the Navy for 5 years though. USAA is great for insurance.

Thanks for everything you and your team do and stay safe. Take care.

Last edited:
promo2.jpg

Attachments

• NVTEZLA.jpg
    NVTEZLA.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
I think it would be interesting to see how many people are currently or were previously in the military. I have seen several posts of people mentioning USAA and have seen a couple about the military. I previously didn't think there would be a lot of military Tesla enthusiasts.

I have been in the Army since 2004 and I am an EOD Team Leader. I am from Sonora CA, I am stationed out of Fort Bragg NC, and I am currently deployed to Afghanistan. I heard about Tesla in early 2009 and put down a reservation for the Model S. I have reservation P564.

Welcome to the forum (and congrats on your Model S reservation).

USAA may not have the absolute lowest rates but I think they are fairly competitive. I've also never dealt with a better bank/insurance company. You always get someone on the phone literally within one to two minutes and they always seem to do a good job. I haven't done a rigorous price comparison for insurance rates but I'd highly recommend USAA.

Last edited:
USAA may not have the absolute lowest rates but I think they are fairly competitive. I've also never dealt with a batter bank/insurance company. You always get someone on the phone literally within one to two minutes and they always seem to do a good job. I haven't done a rigorous price comparison for insurance rates but I'd highly recommend USAA.

I agree with the customer service aspect. You always get a person and they seem to be native English speakers.

I switched from Wells Fargo (after they bought Wachovia, and switched it in GA) to USAA. The deciding factor was searching twitter for USAA and about 95% of the comments were positive. When you search for BoA, or WellsFargo, you get about 95% negative comments.

Their auto policy for me is about $3 less every 6 months than GEICO, but changing would be too much hassle for just $3.

USAA may not have the absolute lowest rates but I think they are fairly competitive. I've also never dealt with a batter bank/insurance company. You always get someone on the phone literally within one to two minutes and they always seem to do a good job. I haven't done a rigorous price comparison for insurance rates but I'd highly recommend USAA.
I'm sure one could find some cut rate insurer that is cheaper, but their services has always been exemplary and their rates always competitive (usually better than) the major insurers. And I fully agree, their banking, insurance and other services are just outstanding. It's a very well managed company top to bottom.

I've had both GEICO and USAA. Auto rates are very comparable but since my home is insured with USAA I have elected to keep them for my auto insurance. The last time I asked for a quote for the Model S, the agent was familiar with Tesla and gave me a quote $10/month more than what I was paying for my 2002 Jetta. USAA also has a subscriber savings account and once a year will add to that account a percentage based on profits for the year. In addition, I also get a check once a year. Sort of like profit sharing. When you take all that into account, No other insurer can touch them.