Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military members

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    USAA may not have the absolute lowest rates but I think they are fairly competitive. I've also never dealt with a batter bank/insurance company. You always get someone on the phone literally within one to two minutes and they always seem to do a good job. I haven't done a rigorous price comparison for insurance rates but I'd highly recommend USAA.
    I agree with the customer service aspect. You always get a person and they seem to be native English speakers.

I switched from Wells Fargo (after they bought Wachovia, and switched it in GA) to USAA. The deciding factor was searching twitter for USAA and about 95% of the comments were positive. When you search for BoA, or WellsFargo, you get about 95% negative comments.

Their auto policy for me is about $3 less every 6 months than GEICO, but changing would be too much hassle for just $3.

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    USAA may not have the absolute lowest rates but I think they are fairly competitive. I've also never dealt with a batter bank/insurance company. You always get someone on the phone literally within one to two minutes and they always seem to do a good job. I haven't done a rigorous price comparison for insurance rates but I'd highly recommend USAA.
    I'm sure one could find some cut rate insurer that is cheaper, but their services has always been exemplary and their rates always competitive (usually better than) the major insurers. And I fully agree, their banking, insurance and other services are just outstanding. It's a very well managed company top to bottom.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

I've had both GEICO and USAA. Auto rates are very comparable but since my home is insured with USAA I have elected to keep them for my auto insurance. The last time I asked for a quote for the Model S, the agent was familiar with Tesla and gave me a quote $10/month more than what I was paying for my 2002 Jetta. USAA also has a subscriber savings account and once a year will add to that account a percentage based on profits for the year. In addition, I also get a check once a year. Sort of like profit sharing. When you take all that into account, No other insurer can touch them.

Roadster 1256
    TEG, you found my plate!

Navy HM1 retired after 20 years.

Name:  NVTEZLA.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  28.4 KB

I'm a submarine guy currently on shore duty. USNA '08. Hopefully I'll be a Tesla owner in the next year or two.

Former Navy Flight Surgeon assigned to the Marine Corps. Assigned to CH-46 and F/A-18D squadrons.
    Blue and Tan, Obeche gloss, Pano Roof
    Supercharger, Tech, Premium Sound, Air Suspension
    P 8040/VIN 4768 60kWH Picked up at Factory on 2/7/2013. Accident/RIP 5/25/2013

VIN 13605 Performance 85 Picked up 7/8/2013

U.S. Army retired in 1993 after 22 years of active service. Hope to be a proud Tesla owner by the end of November. This waiting is testing my patience.
    P85 |Blue | Tan Leather| Piano Blk | Air | Tech | Pano | Power Folding Mirrors | 19" Primacy | HPWC + Dual Chargers | Confirmed 9/24 | VIN P25619 10/8 | In Production 11/2 2013 | Production Complete 11/17 | Delivery Scheduled 11/27 2013 | Delivered 5 December 2013

USAF retired (2012) - Space and Missile operatior (ie: NCC) , along with a bunch of procurement (satellites and stuff).

Huge fan of USAA, I have had them over 21 years for car/home/property insurance and a bunch of banking.
    Tesla Model S Performance delivered 17 March 2013
    Metallic Blue, 21" tires, Tech Package, Panoramic Roof,
    Air Suspension

16 years so far, Active Duty Navy. Model S owner since Dec. 2012. Chipper, I'll be visiting Chattanooga over the holidays, we should meet up and swap stories if you're in town!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Smith View Post
    Huge fan of USAA, I have had them over 21 years for car/home/property insurance and a bunch of banking.
    I love USAA!!!!!!!!

Thread Information