Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norway

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    With regards to Chademo adapter I think this must be a possibility
    Yes, it is. Tesla has been very clear that they can build one (even though it's not simple; it does need electronics to fool both sides). They just haven't said if/when they will build one.

My guess is that this is going to be like the early days of the Roadster. Tesla wanted to focus and not build things they didn't "have" to. But customers wanted more charging flexibility, so the third-party RFMC was born. Eventually Tesla came out with the UMC, and it was better. (Well, generally. The one I got didn't work, and left me in a tough spot in the middle of nowhere--Shingletown, CA. To be fair, I only bought it because my RFMC had failed too. There is nothing like having two charging solutions that don't work!).

I have heard of at least one independent company looking at building a CHAdeMO adapter for the Model S...not that I'm sure that can be done without Tesla's cooperation.

Tesla is most likely using J1772 for their SuperCharging protocol. The CHAdeMO and J1772-DC protocols are both available to third parties, so they should be able to build adapters. Maybe someone will do a homebuilt one, but it will be more difficult and expensive to do than the RFMC was.

GSP

Does anyone know the plan for distribution of the Tesla S? I mean: When will my car arrive? Considering the Model S reservation tally there are 13680 or 12087 reservations made for the car, the largest numbers from North America. I guess the first models are shipped to the domestic market. The plan of production states that 5000 cars will be delivered by the end of the year, then 20.000 the following year, or is this the optimistic view?

If the numbers are correct, my Tesla performance will arrive my garage sometime in the fall of 2013?

Or?

My S60 is In Production!
    I've got EU#86 and I've been told about Q1 2013 so I would think late Q1 or Q2 for your car. Depending on how much time to takes them to get the car ready for Europe.

Cobos

Production ramp up is just about to start. In June they did 1 car per day, so this is the smallest production rate I can imagine and ramp up hasn't even begun. If they are able to produce 5,000 cars in 2012 is way too early to tell, lest alone deliver.
    In addition to that, there are zero emission vehicle credits to reap when selling in California or one of the U.S. federal states that have adopted Californian clean air legislation. The earnings from that are kept secret, but it makes selling Model S in other markets not very tempting. Check here: Tesla Sells $13.8M in ZEV Credits to Honda: #evworld .

Just watched an interesting Motor Trend "Epic Drive" video where they take an R8 1300 miles through Norway from Bergen to Tromso. Would love to do it in a Model S! At the very end of the video they remark on how much they spent on gas.

Model S 60kWh, Catalina white, white roof, tan, obeche gloss, tech, 19", air suspension, twin chargers, supercharger access, rear jump seats, parcel shelf. VIN 3606

Thank you for the link, that was nice.

Tesla showcases Model S at Oslo Showroom Nov. 19th - Nov. 24th. (It's a showroom and dealership. As crazy as it might sound Tesla are allowed to sell their cars in physical stores/dealerships here in Europe. I know, it's pretty crazy but hey, Europeans have always been a bit more liberal right?)

The car that will be shown is a black with tan interior. Positively no testdrives as of yet. EU pricing is still not out.

Name:  dump.PNG
Views: 493
Size:  466.5 KB
    Last edited by Johan; 11-15-2012 at 09:36 AM.

For international members this might be of interest to know:

Tesla has just now announced test drives for reservation holders in Norway! Starting next week, Monday 26th Novemeber. "Get Amped style" - i.e. 10 minutes along a predefined course, you can bring passengers but they sit in the back. Looking forward to next week!
    Models S EU P#389 - P85 blue, twin chargers, pano roof, 19" wheels, tech pack, security pack, winter pack, black leather interior. Delivered Sept 5th 2013. - Model X EU P#5 reservation -

I have not received this mail..
    Are you a Sig reservation holder?

Thread Information