Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#1124 - Red - Seattle - Salvage Auction [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Ugh!

2010 TESLA ROADSTER BILL OF SALE For Sale in NORTH SEATTLE, WA at Copart Auto Auctions
14757992_1X.JPG

$97k+ in parts needed to repair, and that's assuming that the battery isn't damaged (which I believe it could be).

Short answer for how: spin the car 360 degrees in the wet in Seattle hitting a concrete barrier with the rear end. Then hit 4" or so rough rocks on the left side of the offramp after recovering from the spin, only to get pulled off the ramp by the big rocks into construction cones, and the backside of a guard rail designed to softly arrest forward motion.

Net result: *every* body panel damaged including damage to the tub and possibly the battery pack on the underside, but no airbag deployment or human injury.

It was a very sad day...

Net result: *every* body panel damaged including damage to the tub and possibly the battery pack on the underside, but no airbag deployment or human injury.

It was a very sad day...

I'm glad you're alive. Sorry for the accident. Insurance going to do right by you? If yes, are you going to get another (used) Roadster? Or possibly getting an S?

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one... Applies to airplanes and roadsters.

I'm glad you're alive. Sorry for the accident. Insurance going to do right by you? If yes, are you going to get another (used) Roadster? Or possibly getting an S?

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one... Applies to airplanes and roadsters.

You a pilot too? I compare my Roadster to my kit built airplane a lot....

State Farm took great care of me. I bought another Roadster and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival to Seattle, hopefully in the next couple days.

My wife and I also stopped by Tesla Bellevue this evening to see the latest Model S that arrived last night, which looks better than ever. We're still debating between getting a Model S vs. a Model X for her in the next few years.

You a pilot too? I compare my Roadster to my kit built airplane a lot....

State Farm took great care of me. I bought another Roadster and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival to Seattle, hopefully in the next couple days.

My wife and I also stopped by Tesla Bellevue this evening to see the latest Model S that arrived last night, which looks better than ever. We're still debating between getting a Model S vs. a Model X for her in the next few years.

No. I don't own a plane. I just thought it was an appropriate quote considering the circumstances. Again, glad you were able to walk away from such a horrific accident. I once saw someone do a 360 from hydroplaning about 100 feet in front of my car. He was in the middle of a five lane highway with nothing to hit and luckily wasn't struck by any of the cars around him.

What color did you get for the new Roadster?

I'm thinking my wife might go for an S or X after she sees me happy in my Tesla. Also after she's driven around in it a few times.

I too am interested in non critical operation car parts from this thing of beauty (Glad you are ok Jason and glad the car was a safe one for you).

How can I find out the purchaser on something like this?

Jason - If you don't mind sharing, what tires were you using and how many miles did they have on them? Were you accelerating or slowing when the tires broke loose? Thanks.

It had fairly new winter tires (front and rear replaced early this year.

I was slightly accelerating, but the real problem was the last minute offset maneuver to lane change to the right. Unfortunately I believe the rear tires were on the wet white paint (exit V) when I turned left to straighten of the car in the exit (at freeway speed). I had plenty of room to slow down ahead, but didn't get a chance to. I know from riding a motorcycle how slick that white lane paint can be... With the rear weight bias of the roadster a spin was the obvious outcome of the setup.

I might have recovered if I'd corrected fast enough to the right, but could have gone off the right side of the off ramp instead of the left side doing that.

What color did you get for the new Roadster?

I just picked up #1135 (11 vins newer than my first car). It's fusion red. It arrived in Seattle today from Newport Beach. Tesla was amazingly helpful in getting the replacement. Carl Medlock (head of West coast service and Seattle service), Troy Jones (now at Santana Row) who sold me 1124 helped too, and Lance Merkin here in Bellevue. Plus Brian Schibly at corporate and Mark (don't know his last name) at Newport Beach Tesla.

The whole company is amazing. Can't forget Genny here in Bellevue too.

Wow, the replacement is gorgeous. After cringing seeing the terrible damage to #1124, it's great to see the happy ending!

The ending just got happier! Yesterday I dropped #1135 off for service in Seattle. As I pulled in, I was surprised to see #1124 in there as well. For privacy reasons I won't comment on the new owner or plans, but I think the end of this story looks like 1124 is not lost!