Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show your Tesla at Hybrid2Hotrods San Jose, May 12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hybrids2Hotrods promo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuFad6cMDKs

http://Hybrids2Hotrods.com/
Featuring Mr. Roadshow, Gary Richards and Co-Hosted by Mike Hennessy

Bay Area Electric Vehicle Supporters -

Changing how the world drives is hard work. Please do your part to spread the "EV Grin" wider than ever by accepting your mission and following these simple steps:

[Assignment #1 – Register your car today! Complete instructions below]
[Assignment #2 – Forward this email to EVERY Bay Plug-In Driver you know]
[Assignment #3 – Start inviting all of your friends and family to the show who are not yet EV Drivers. They will thank you later.]

Updates on how the show is shaping up and the registration links…

The site is still coming together but wanted you to know the Mercury News has FULLY embraced promoting Electric Vehicles. When you visit the site you will see they are committed to "Electric Avenue" the concept to the point of it becoming a major feature of the show... They also picked up a nice tagline "The future is here. Drive it." that I rather like.

Check out the site and updates as it comes together - http://hybrids2hotrods.com/ There's a fun picture of Gary and Mike on the "About" page showing the Electric vs. Gas debate. This first chance to show Silicon Valley in a huge way right along side ICE cars that Electric is the best choice. If you click on the CODA splash page it take to a page under construction titled and promising over 100 Electric Vehicles!

>>>> BAY AREA EV DRIVERS – THOSE ARE YOUR CARS! <<<<

Right now we are still short cars so if you have not already registered your car… please do so today! This is going to be very fun event for the whole family – food music, bounce houses and of course lot of great cars with as many EV surprises as we can bring to the show. Please be sure to use the links below to register and follow instructions completely so we can account for your car and save your VIP parking space. Our form also collects details about your charging needs.

Registration includes VIP parking with the rest of the electric vehicles, free lunch and a goodie bag. Display cars need to arrive @ 8:00 and the show goes until 5:00.

Hybrids to Hotrods - Saturday, May 12th - San Jose Mercury News
**** Electric Vehicle Display Organized by: Bay Area Electric Auto Association Chapters & San Francisco Bay Area LEAF Enthusiasts ****
Required Registration Steps:
1. Fill out the PDF form and submit per its instructions. The form can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxo8vWe-yr4tNTBHbW04cHhRdjJKOGUxNmNWak1idw
2. Go to the link to our separate on-line tracking form and provide your name and email/phone minimum. The link is here:
Hybrids to Hot Rods EV Sign Up
3. We will contact you with instructions on when to arrive.
Please note charging will not be available a the event. We are encouraging owners to take advantage of the numerous chargers in the region to top off before or after the event as well as connect with other owners who live near by. Based on needs we are also working with some EV friendly employers with larger deployments of chargers to open up their charging on the day of the event. Please contact me if you want your company's chargers to be added to that list.

If anyone is interested in showing their Tesla at this event, register now. The registration may well close up as they reach the limit of cars for the entire show. The attendance estimate is around 5,000 people. They've had 3,500 people attend in the past, but that was without electrics! :) It's a great chance to connect to the hotrod car world, and show them what a REAL hotrod can do - The Tesla Roadster!

At the moment, we may have one Tesla at the event, but that is subject to change. Having one more Tesla at the event would be nice!

what's the latest? Did you find more Tesla's? I'm surprised Tesla itself isn't supporting it.
If you did get one or more Teslas coming what colors?
Might be able to come, but not sure yet... (fusion red w/CF 2.0)

Thanks for the replys!

Mr. Jensen is likely to attend. I don't recall the color of his Tesla.

There are numeorus events where we need to get the word out on EVs, and this event being hotrods and hybrids is natural for a Tesla. We probalby have one. Have one more would be good in case Mr. Jensen is called away by a possibly conflicting obligation. I wouldn't try to get a fleet of Tesla's here since we have to spread ourselves, and coming off Earth Days, we've all been busy! I did 2 Earth Days myself, in some years I've done many more. It definitely takes time, organization and energy!

JoshG - who would I contact at Tesla about doing the event? I talked to one of the Tesla store managers casually and he suggested I reach out to owners. With Tesla focusing on the Model S, and then the X, they obviously have to use their resources wisely!

In any case, making connections now can be useful for us all in future events. I can help round up LEAFs, CODA's, Volts, BMW ActiveE, maybe a Ford Focus EV etc. for select events. If it's got a plug on it, I'm all for it so I work with various EV and Plug In Hybrid owners to get these cars on the road, charged in public and in private :), and out in front for the public to see the transportation alternatives to gas with the Electric Acceleration Grin!

I have not had a chance to clean our Roadster since returning home from 10-day road trip that began with Earth Day in Santa Barbara, but I have registered for the H2H show. I have to squeeze in a car washing this week.

Thanks slcasner! I'll see you there!

If you can also fill out the Electric Auto Association / BayLEAFs separate on-line tracking form and provide your name and email/phone minimum. The link is here:
EAA Hybrids to Hot Rods EV Sign Up Hybrids to Hot Rods EV Sign Up

The EV drivers organizing this don't see the signups with the H2H event staff, so we're maintaining a parallel list to help us coordinate.