Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Big NJ EV meet - Sunday April 15th 10:30 Nauna's Bella Casa

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mpt

Electrics are back
Supporting Member
Come and join us for the biggest electric car meet-up in New Jersey's History!

We have over 30 cars; Tesla Roadster, BMW ActiveE, Chevy Volt, Nissan Leaf, Plug-in Prius and more.

Come and check out the cars, talk to REAL owners about what it's like to live with Electric Cars every day. Find out why we're not anxious about range, how we don't run out of power all the time and why we wouldn't swap our EVs for even the most exotic sports cars :)

Sponsored by NJ Electric Auto Association and Nauna's Bella Casa Ristorante

Everyone is welcome, especially if you don't have an EV, now's the time to check them out. Let's share a slice of pizza and talk about electric cars.

The place:

Nauna's Bella Casa Ristorante
148 Valley Road, Montclair, NJ

The time: Sunday April 15th 10:30 - 12:30.

https://www.facebook.com/events/241770785921496/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone that made it today. It really was the biggest EV event in NJ history!

We had about 25 ActiveE's, 4 Volts, 2 Leaves, 2 i's and a brace of Tesla!

The cars were coming in and out all day, passers by and travelers came from all around to check out the cars.

Lunch came from Nauna's Bella Casa - delicious!

A grand day out, absolutely great. A

Here's the BMW ActiveE's. We had 35 EV's total. 22 ActiveE's, 2 Roadsters, 3 LEAFs, 3 volts, 2 iMiEVs, 1 Plug in Prius, 1 ZENN NEV and 1 converted Ford Pick up.
292583_2568713636005_1799141900_1523599_1125443260_n.jpg

...A grand day out, absolutely great.

I was the other Tesla owner and +1 to MPT's comments. Thanks go out to Tom for hosting this, providing lunch, and being such a great EV advocate. I gave a couple of complete strangers the chance to drive the Roadster and only regretted it a little. One of them seemed to decide to buy a Model S halfway through his drive.

Finally an additional +1 to Shark2K for generously being my chauffeur to the event!

Sounds awesome, and I hear 2 OVMS will be there. Cool.

Yes - luckily for me, MPT didn't really have time to "check my work" but I really dig the OVMS even though I have to use text messaging (no iPhone/iPad). One of the huge advantages for me is that instead of my wife texting me to say "where r u?" I can just say "check da app" and she can see, on her iPad, that I'm stuck in traffic on 280. Or on I-95.

And [drifting off topic...] while I was stuck in that particular traffic I was passed by two cars smaller than mine - the first was a red Fiat 500 which wickedly cut me off, and the second was this one, which might even be an electric vehicle, though it's hard to tell:

piggyback.jpg