Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
From the TM Events page Looks like 7 cars around the country at once.

April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Oak BrookOakbrook, IL
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Santana RowSan Jose, CA
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Bellevue SquareBellevue, WA
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Park MeadowsLone Tree, CO
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla FloridaDania Beach, FL
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Houston GalleriaHouston, TX
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Fashion IslandNewport Beach, CA
April 1, 2012-May 15, 2012Model S Beta Prototype Tour: Tesla Los AngelesWest Los Angeles, CA

Can anyone confirm or are these two cars hopping all over.

Many of these betas are missing motor, pem and batteries. They have standard car batteries hidden in them to run the accessories such as ac,radio,roof,seat, and lights. This allows for cheaper store cars that won't be stolen or crashed in misguided demo drives from your rep who wants to please you. They also help the team learn how to build the car better each time. I was very pleased to see how many they have.

Many of these betas are missing motor, pem and batteries. They have standard car batteries hidden in them to run the accessories such as ac,radio,roof,seat, and lights. This allows for cheaper store cars that won't be stolen or crashed in misguided demo drives from your rep who wants to please you. They also help the team learn how to build the car better each time. I was very pleased to see how many they have.

I believe that there will be at least one at each store in the very near future. These cars were meant to be stationary display units only so none have drive trains.

I believe that there will be at least one at each store in the very near future. These cars were meant to be stationary display units only so none have drive trains.

The woman at the DC store told me, when I went to see the beta a couple weeks ago, that they'd have their own permanent car in April. The way she said it, I got the impression it would be a real, drivable car; but reading this and a similar comment elsewhere makes me think it will just be another stationary demo unit. Darn! I was hoping to get a drive (even just as a passenger) soon, since I finally ponied up for a reservation. ;-) I wonder when that'll start happening -- a permanent, drivable Model S in all stores, with drives (at least for reservation holders, though preferably for all comers)?

The woman at the DC store told me, when I went to see the beta a couple weeks ago, that they'd have their own permanent car in April. The way she said it, I got the impression it would be a real, drivable car; but reading this and a similar comment elsewhere makes me think it will just be another stationary demo unit. Darn! I was hoping to get a drive (even just as a passenger) soon, since I finally ponied up for a reservation. ;-) I wonder when that'll start happening -- a permanent, drivable Model S in all stores, with drives (at least for reservation holders, though preferably for all comers)?

Maybe they'll get a pack put into it after deliveries (and NHTSA certification)

Went to the South Florida store today, and the same white one that was there a few weeks ago is back. It seems to be stationary, as described above. The employee there told me that they are expecting a newer model towards the end of the month; a black one. She also said that there should always be at least one there from now on. Also, they are moving the store to Miami, but leaving the service center where they are.

Also, she claimed that three local people have done their configuration as part of the initial ones.

Why Signature if they are sold out? I want to see the grey interior.

Signature Sport and non-Signature Sport interiors are identical from what I've been told. You just can't get the white interior as a non-Signature.

If you can go, pictures would be great. Thanks. I am interested in the black interior with red piping if it happens to have that.

Me too! But i'd still be interested to see any sport interrior. Wish that would come to So Cal.

Signature Sport and non-Signature Sport interiors are identical from what I've been told. You just can't get the white interior as a non-Signature.

Black and tan are available on all models. White interior is exclusive to sig and grey is exclusive to non-sig. Check out the design studio as well as the options/pricing page. Not sure if the person that told you otherwise has some other info?

Black and tan are available on all models. White interior is exclusive to sig and grey is exclusive to non-sig. Check out the design studio as well as the options/pricing page. Not sure if the person that told you otherwise has some other info?

I see your point. My bad re gray. My point was at least you can see what the Sport interior is like, even if not the exact color you want.

Also bear in mind that while Signatures are sold out, most of us haven't picked our cars yet so it would be nice to see a Sport interior to compare against the non-Sports we've been seeing.