Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Infiniti LE

There was speculation on other sites that it's either 'shopped or they are using that super optimistic measurement cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TRON View Post
    2) Renault - just sold 15.000 EV-Kangoos

This concept car game is only to gain time giving the mankind the feeling of "green" compnies, but in fact they don't invest to the technology.
    Not sure whether you know Renault/Nissan are sister companies with the same CEO and cross ownership. Nissan has been slightly ahead of Renault on EVs - they developed the battery & ofcourse Leaf came before dedicated Renault EV. Nissan owns Infiniti. Together Nissan / Renault are investing 5 Billion Euros on EVs.

So, no - Infiniti LE isn't a for green washing.
    MY11 Leaf : Feb-2011 to May-2013, MY13 Leaf : May-2013 to ?
    Long on TSLA since 2011
    http://twitter.com/EVNow

Woah. I think that all of us assumed that it was the same battery as the Leaf's, but this looks like a new addition of a nickel manganese cobalt oxide cathode instead of the standard Li-ion. They're targeting a range of 130-140 miles, as these new generation of batteries are claimed to have twice the capacity as their original battery at the same cost. If it weren't for that b***-ugly grille, this might provide some competition to the 40 kWh Model S.

http://insideevs.com/wink-wink-infin...ing-late-2013/

Do we know pricing on the LE yet? If the 130-140 is EPA and they come in at 45kish or so, then yeah, base S look out.

I'm guessing that's the range, considering that the LE seems to be a much smaller car than the Model S.

I still don't see any substantiation for this 'real world120-130 miles' claim.

Quote Originally Posted by mklcolvin View Post
    Woah. I think that all of us assumed that it was the same battery as the Leaf's, but this looks like a new addition of a nickel manganese cobalt oxide cathode instead of the standard Li-ion. They're targeting a range of 130-140 miles, as these new generation of batteries are claimed to have twice the capacity as their original battery at the same cost...
    One thought that has been crossing my mind is that comments about "same battery as the LEAF" could mean that future LEAF models could get this new upgraded battery.
    From what I can tell, Nissan is projecting higher LEAF sales numbers in coming years, and that could make sense if they got more range at the same price.
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

As was discussed in the Volt thread, upping the range (by upping battery capacity or other improvements) of an existing EV and keeping the price the same is an unbeatable pro EV argument.

Saw this playing at Siggraph

@vfx - What a nice, spacious garage. I think it's bigger than the lot that my house is on.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Thread Information