Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Infiniti LE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dpeilow

May 23, 2008
Winchester, UK
The Infiniti LE

ApqX47cCQAAxPbz.jpg:large

ApqYUQPCIAEv2PS.jpg:large

ApqY3GQCEAAEff4.jpg:large

ApqXivwCMAA42nI.jpg:large

ApqZXxZCQAA5vtb.jpg:large

Wireless charging.

If they confirm 150 miles range it gets a

thumbs_up.jpg

Thanks to Nick Chambers for grabbing the pics.

I am slightly underwhelmed by the styling compared to what I was expecting. But that 'liquid-silver' paint is intense even in pictures. And that 'crystalline' front end seems a tad odd.

I am slightly underwhelmed by the styling compared to what I was expecting. But that 'liquid-silver' paint is intense even in pictures. And that 'crystalline' front end seems a tad odd.

Paint IS nice, sort of reminds me of a shinier Model X. Agree on the front end. A bit gaudy for an EV though IMO.

If that translates to "EPA range", it should be equivalent to some 140 "Leaf" miles (i.e. LA4 cycle). I'll take that.

It uses the same pack as the Leaf, 24 kWh. Unless they upgrade the battery chemistry significantly, I can't see how they are going to get 100 "real world" miles, let alone 140. The car uses the same pack (and same configuration) as the Leaf and weighs more. This car seems marketed to the people that said they'd buy a Leaf but didn't because of looks - which has to be a very small segment of the market.

It uses the same pack as the Leaf, 24 kWh. Unless they upgrade the battery chemistry significantly, I can't see how they are going to get 100 "real world" miles, let alone 140. The car uses the same pack (and same configuration) as the Leaf and weighs more. This car seems marketed to the people that said they'd buy a Leaf but didn't because of looks - which has to be a very small segment of the market.

It seems like the same mistake Lexus made: the HS250h. Basically it'll be slightly more powerful, but less efficient (because it is heavier and has a more powerful motor), with some extra luxury. It'll probably flop like the HS250h in that case (most people would buy the Leaf instead, just like most people bought the Prius instead). They need to offer a much bigger pack by production time so that it at least can top the Leaf in range.

It seems like the same mistake Lexus made: the HS250h. Basically it'll be slightly more powerful, but less efficient (because it is heavier and has a more powerful motor), with some extra luxury. It'll probably flop like the HS250h in that case (most people would buy the Leaf instead, just like most people bought the Prius instead). They need to offer a much bigger pack by production time so that it at least can top the Leaf in range.

The large manufacturer fumbles just gives Tesla that much more of a foothold on their piece of the market. This is really just a slightly better looking Leaf. I see nothing coming down the pipeline that is a threat to the Model S, Model X, or even the fabled Mass Market Car. Let's say they price this at $40K, would you buy it? Does it make sense? I'd wait for Tesla's Mass Market car. It will likely be twice the car for same price.

Let's say they price this at $40K, would you buy it? Does it make sense? I'd wait for Tesla's Mass Market car. It will likely be twice the car for same price.

It would be a consideration for people who want a "known company" to buy a car from. If the miles were 140 VS a Model S 160 that would be real competitiveness.

The large manufacturer fumbles just gives Tesla that much more of a foothold on their piece of the market. This is really just a slightly better looking Leaf. I see nothing coming down the pipeline that is a threat to the Model S, Model X, or even the fabled Mass Market Car. Let's say they price this at $40K, would you buy it? Does it make sense? I'd wait for Tesla's Mass Market car. It will likely be twice the car for same price.

If it had 150 miles range advertised, or ~110 miles EPA, (as was rumored originally), I would seriously consider buying one for $40k. Given it has the same/less range as the Leaf (100 miles advertised, 73 EPA), it doesn't work for me. I would rather wait for Tesla's Mass Market car.

Of course things can still change as the car nears production.

It would be a consideration for people who want a "known company" to buy a car from. If the miles were 140 VS a Model S 160 that would be real competitiveness.
If it had similar range and price as a Tesla (or perhaps an even lower price), I would probably seriously consider buying the Infiniti instead; I would definitely buy the Infiniti without consideration if I wasn't a Tesla fan for all these years. Infiniti has a pretty good reputation for reliability in luxury cars; the German makes had a couple of years where their reliability was horrible. That doesn't appear to be the case though.

If it had 150 miles range advertised, or ~110 miles EPA, (as was rumored originally), I would seriously consider buying one for $40k. Given it has the same/less range as the Leaf (100 miles advertised, 73 EPA), it doesn't work for me. I would rather wait for Tesla's Mass Market car.

Of course things can still change as the car nears production.

Yes - 73 EPA miles is a non-starter for me as well as an upgrade to leaf. I wonder whether they are playing it safe by not announcing anything that might make people wait instead of buying Leaf. Same range as Leaf in a more expensive EV - but after 3 years, doesn't make sense. I hope they offer a larger pack option when we get to 2014.