The figures here are for March are:

Nissan Leaf: 179
    Mitsubishi I-MiEV: 83
    Citroen C-Zero: 28
    Peugeot iOn: 25
    Tesla Roadster: 4
    Opel Ampera: 4
    Th!nk City: 3
    Also, there was one electric van sold, but I couldn't figure out what kind. It's in a different set of statistics.
    And also, I see fourwheel motorcycles are left out of the statistics, so the really small EVs aren't included. (Buddy, primarily)

The total is about 327, or about 2.5% of all cars sold here. (The Ampera doesn't stand a chance here - it's taxed too much for that. Electric cars on the other hand are tax free.)
    Last edited by Yggdrasill; 2012-04-03 at 11:03 PM.
    Planning on getting a Model S in 2014.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    The PiP appears to be only a "market tester" this year. Production is very limited and you had to reserve to get one. There's no surprise that the numbers sold are in line with the limited production, which is different than dealers having cars on the lot that can't be sold. Toyota really doesn't like electric cars and is only making the RAV4-EV because of competition. I suspect they won't make very many of those either.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    They actually sell it, not just lease? How much?
    No, it is a lease, but it's recorded as a sale to Honda's in-house leasing arm. Much in the same way that Automotive News had sales figures for the EV Plus, Nissan Altra and EV1. The old Honda FCX even shows up in there.

Not sure how much the lease rate is, but I'll bet the sticker price on which it's based is pretty high. Has anyone ever seen that figure?

For those scoring at home, Mercedes-Benz has "sold" 27 F-Cells since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    The PiP appears to be only a "market tester" this year. Production is very limited and you had to reserve to get one. There's no surprise that the numbers sold are in line with the limited production, which is different than dealers having cars on the lot that can't be sold. Toyota really doesn't like electric cars and is only making the RAV4-EV because of competition. I suspect they won't make very many of those either.
    That's a shame, they were the poster child for green cars, but now they seem to be backing the wrong horse, it's good for short term, but bad for long term. I think in general the big car manufacturers can not commit themselves to EVs.

sales in Holland

Twitter

Name:  ApqWYArCAAAk-IE.png
Views: 155
Size:  68.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mattjs33 View Post
    No, it is a lease, but it's recorded as a sale to Honda's in-house leasing arm.....
    Considering that celebrites are given the car for free this "sale" mught be bogus too. At 750,000 to a million, a buyer might just wait for a Model S that has more filling options. You could buy a dozen Teslas.

Its good to see that EVs are getting more and more media coverage and BTW great sales numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    At 750,000 to a million, a buyer might just wait for a Model S that has more filling options. You could buy a dozen Teslas.
    I know Honda has a lot of money in these things, but is that how much they really are? I've never seen a window sticker on one, has anyone else?

All I see anywhere is it's 3-year $600/month lease program. Don't see any MSRP.

Thread Information