Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buy this house, get a free Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the taxes also. Bet that the assessment valuation does not take into account that property values have dropped. My taxes are $18K, "only" because I appealed the assessment valuation and presented comps of recent home sales, which resulted in the valuation being reduced by about $500K. Cities bet that most people do not appeal the assessments of their properties because they don't know better, or don't have the time to do the research and appeal process.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering about the sums involved as swegman spoke about 18K $. Just for comparison, we pay a property tax of less than 25 Euro per year! Then again the property tax varies widely from community to community here in Germany, so at least in that respect we might have been really lucky ;-)

Seller of this house (just reduced $200,000) is throwing in a Model S for the new buyer:
http://www.getafreetesla.com/

The text says they are #300 on the waiting list (I'm assuming non-Signature).

I wonder if the garage is pre wired? I can just imagine the new owner taking delivery of the S and realising they need to hire an electrician for a house that came with an electric car.

OMG, my property in Menlo Park is valued at the same price, but my 1300 sf home probably fits in this guys garage! My entire lot is less than the square footage of this home! Oh well, difference between Bay Area and Chigaco I guess...

Tell me about it! My wife keeps poking me into considering moving (back) to the midwest - both of us went to school there (in Illinois and Indiana respectively) and have fond memories of those days. The public schools are better, cost of living is far lower and on and on. I remind her of the horrible winters, humid summers and far more limited (tech) job opportunities when I get a word in edgeways ;)

Tell me about it! My wife keeps poking me into considering moving (back) to the midwest - both of us went to school there (in Illinois and Indiana respectively) and have fond memories of those days. The public schools are better, cost of living is far lower and on and on. I remind her of the horrible winters, humid summers and far more limited (tech) job opportunities when I get a word in edgeways ;)

It's okay to move back now. NW Indiana resident here. Our worst winter day this year brought about 6" of snow. It was gone within a week. Property taxes in Indiana are substantially lower than in Illinois, and there are many people in my neighborhood who commute to Chicago. It's gotten so popular that our City runs a bus service.

Can't speak to the availability of technical jobs, though... probably safer to stay in CA for those!