Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any talk of new Stores/Service Center's in this region?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rifleman

Now owns 2 Model S's!!!
Nov 29, 2011
Harrison Ohio
Has anyone heard and rumors or talk about a store or service center in this region? Currently the only store in this region is Chicago, and it is over 300 miles from my home in Cincinnati. An Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or Columbus store and service center would be awesome! Where ever the store is placed, some Tesla representation is this region is desperately needed.

Update: even though not yet official, a Tesla Rep told me plans are for a service center to open in Columbus before 2012 ends.

Thats great news. This might be the motivation I need to swing for the 60 kWh pack, as it should make the trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, but that trip is just out of reach of the 40. Did the rep drop any hints as to if this location would be just service, or if it would offer sales (and hopefully test drives) as well?

Thats great news. This might be the motivation I need to swing for the 60 kWh pack, as it should make the trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, but that trip is just out of reach of the 40. Did the rep drop any hints as to if this location would be just service, or if it would offer sales (and hopefully test drives) as well?

Just a service center from what I was told. Didn't ask about test drives but I would hope once they have a presence in this area they do offer test drives. Tesla needs much more exposure in this area of the country before we see a spike in resrvations/purchases around here.

Over the weekend, I was in Florida for work, and stopped in at the Dania Beach store. Talking to one of the many reps that were there (turns out it was a get amped weekend) he said that he heard talk about a Cincinnati service center, but did not know what the time frame for this service center is.

Just a service center from what I was told. Didn't ask about test drives but I would hope once they have a presence in this area they do offer test drives. Tesla needs much more exposure in this area of the country before we see a spike in resrvations/purchases around here.

I somehow got incredible info from Tesla that there are 28 current reservation holders who indicated Cleveland as their location. they noted one to me as Pepper Pike. They're not interested in giving names yet, but I'm thinking that even if there is no immediate service center, there could be a pooling of cost to drop in a ranger for maintenance.

An update on the Columbus Service Center: I called Tesla Serrvice for an issue I'm having with a door handle. A few hours later I got a call back from Tesla and the guy introduced himself as "XXX from Tesla Service in Columbus"!!

So latest word is they've hired and manager, a service advisor and a tech, looking to hire another tech. The Service Center will likely open in a "couple of weeks" and will be located in Dublin, OH (NW Columbus).

Glad to see they're getting closer!

An update on the Columbus Service Center: I called Tesla Serrvice for an issue I'm having with a door handle. A few hours later I got a call back from Tesla and the guy introduced himself as "XXX from Tesla Service in Columbus"!!

So latest word is they've hired and manager, a service advisor and a tech, looking to hire another tech. The Service Center will likely open in a "couple of weeks" and will be located in Dublin, OH (NW Columbus).

Glad to see they're getting closer!

Very Nice! I may not have to fly to Chicago for pickup after all!