Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Any talk of new Stores/Service Center's in this region?

  1. #1
    Driving a Volt for now...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harrison Ohio
    Posts
    705

    Any talk of new Stores/Service Center's in this region?

    Has anyone heard and rumors or talk about a store or service center in this region? Currently the only store in this region is Chicago, and it is over 300 miles from my home in Cincinnati. An Indianapolis, Cincinnati, or Columbus store and service center would be awesome! Where ever the store is placed, some Tesla representation is this region is desperately needed.

  2. #2
    S Sig #722 mlascano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Posts
    248
    Only rumors, but I've heard Tesla is thinking of Columbus as the site for a store/service center to cover the area initially.

  3. #3
    S Sig #722 mlascano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Posts
    248
    Update: even though not yet official, a Tesla Rep told me plans are for a service center to open in Columbus before 2012 ends.

  4. #4
    Driving a Volt for now...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harrison Ohio
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by mlascano View Post
    Update: even though not yet official, a Tesla Rep told me plans are for a service center to open in Columbus before 2012 ends.
    Thats great news. This might be the motivation I need to swing for the 60 kWh pack, as it should make the trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, but that trip is just out of reach of the 40. Did the rep drop any hints as to if this location would be just service, or if it would offer sales (and hopefully test drives) as well?

  5. #5
    S Sig #722 mlascano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Thats great news. This might be the motivation I need to swing for the 60 kWh pack, as it should make the trip from Cincinnati to Columbus, but that trip is just out of reach of the 40. Did the rep drop any hints as to if this location would be just service, or if it would offer sales (and hopefully test drives) as well?
    Just a service center from what I was told. Didn't ask about test drives but I would hope once they have a presence in this area they do offer test drives. Tesla needs much more exposure in this area of the country before we see a spike in resrvations/purchases around here.

  6. #6
    Driving a Volt for now...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harrison Ohio
    Posts
    705
    Over the weekend, I was in Florida for work, and stopped in at the Dania Beach store. Talking to one of the many reps that were there (turns out it was a get amped weekend) he said that he heard talk about a Cincinnati service center, but did not know what the time frame for this service center is.

  7. #7
    S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near STL
    Posts
    3,384
    Tesla's site has a job req open for St. Louis service manager. I'm looking forward to that.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by mlascano View Post
    Just a service center from what I was told. Didn't ask about test drives but I would hope once they have a presence in this area they do offer test drives. Tesla needs much more exposure in this area of the country before we see a spike in resrvations/purchases around here.
    I somehow got incredible info from Tesla that there are 28 current reservation holders who indicated Cleveland as their location. they noted one to me as Pepper Pike. They're not interested in giving names yet, but I'm thinking that even if there is no immediate service center, there could be a pooling of cost to drop in a ranger for maintenance.

  9. #9
    Driving a Volt for now...
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Harrison Ohio
    Posts
    705
    There is a now a posting for a Service Manager in Columbus Ohio on the Tesla careers site. Looks like our new service center is a definite.

    http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers...cws=1&rid=5851

  10. #10
    S Sig #722 mlascano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chagrin Falls, OH
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    There is a now a posting for a Service Manager in Columbus Ohio on the Tesla careers site. Looks like our new service center is a definite.

    http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers...cws=1&rid=5851
    Excellent news! Let's hope this is the first of many service centers to cover the gap between Chicago/NY/DC.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Service Center STL
    By Majerus in forum Midwest/Great Lakes
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 2014-08-14, 03:51 PM
  2. Raleigh, NC Service Center
    By favo in forum Southeast
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2013-04-13, 01:13 PM
  3. The LA Sales & Service center
    By vfx in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2013-01-30, 04:51 PM
  4. Washington DC sales and service center
    By xcelero.ii in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2011-02-19, 06:06 PM
  5. Toronto sales and service center
    By TEG in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 2010-10-15, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •