Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone going to the NY Auto Show?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a floor plan somewhere and I didn't see Tesla when I looked. I'm going up Thursday afternoon, mainly to see the Nina in person and see if the majors have anything worthwhile on display.

Ill be there! I hope tesla with be there, but I kinda doubt it. Curious to see what the Nina looks like. Thats my girlfriends name, maybe ill get it for her. :) She is actually excited about seeing it.
It would really have to be exotic and unique enough. Cant wait!

ETM

Ill be there! I hope tesla with be there, but I kinda doubt it. Curious to see what the Nina looks like. Thats my girlfriends name, maybe ill get it for her. :) She is actually excited about seeing it.
It would really have to be exotic and unique enough. Cant wait!

ETM

Looks like the final name will actually be Atlantic :)

I saw a floor plan somewhere and I didn't see Tesla when I looked. I'm going up Thursday afternoon, mainly to see the Nina in person and see if the majors have anything worthwhile on display.

So you have VIP access? Thursday is a press day. Very cool if that's the case. Public access doesn't start until Friday. I'd love to try and go. Besides the Nina, I'd like to see the BMW i8.

Great, found a thread about this. Just looked over the floor plan and saw that there's no mention of Tesla, anywhere. Is this final, no Tesla at this year's auto show in NY?

This is a huge disappointment for me. Hubby will only get onboard is if he gets to see and possibly feel this car in person; otherwise, I can "keep on dreaming" for another 5 years. To add to the 3 already under my belt.

Tesla, you can't convince everyone if there's nothing tangible to show. The articles, pictures, forums and stock aren't enough to persuade everybody. Not everyone lives by the factory or gets invited to the exclusive events. Tesla should have made sure that they had a beta at the show. After all, this is the final countdown before deliveries begin. There are people that want a "real" glimpse of this thing before making any financial decisions.

Gee, thanks Tesla! You've shot my chances of getting my spouse onboard by say, 5 years.

Le Sigh.

So you have VIP access? Thursday is a press day. Very cool if that's the case. Public access doesn't start until Friday. I'd love to try and go. Besides the Nina, I'd like to see the BMW i8.

I don't know about "VIP", but we are going to a pre-opening tour

Great, found a thread about this. Just looked over the floor plan and saw that there's no mention of Tesla, anywhere. Is this final, no Tesla at this year's auto show in NY?

This is a huge disappointment for me. Hubby will only get onboard is if he gets to see and possibly feel this car in person; otherwise, I can "keep on dreaming" for another 5 years. To add to the 3 already under my belt.

Tesla, you can't convince everyone if there's nothing tangible to show. The articles, pictures, forums and stock aren't enough to persuade everybody. Not everyone lives by the factory or gets invited to the exclusive events. Tesla should have made sure that they had a beta at the show. After all, this is the final countdown before deliveries begin. There are people that want a "real" glimpse of this thing before making any financial decisions.

Gee, thanks Tesla! You've shot my chances of getting my spouse onboard by say, 5 years.

Le Sigh.

It is a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't be that harsh on them. As you say, they are in the final stretch and focusing on launching this car. They did send the car to Detroit and Geneva (both usually seen as bigger auto shows and I'd imagine sending to Geneva was no simple feat). Tesla has a store not too far from the show, and I imagine that once vehicles begin rolling off the line you should be able to go see (and eventually drive one) there.

Le Sigh.

If you are in NY beginning tomorrow (4/4/2012) there were be a Beta at the NY store indefinitely. I got this from a Tesla worker who called me today because I have shown interest in the past (probably when I put my information down when I saw the Model S in NY in Oct 2011).

-Shark2k

If you are in NY beginning tomorrow (4/4/2012) there were be a Beta at the NY store indefinitely. I got this from a Tesla worker who called me today because I have shown interest in the past (probably when I put my information down when I saw the Model S in NY in Oct 2011).

-Shark2k

Sweet Shark, any idea which one? i.e. will it be a newer one? Bringing a buddy to the auto show who is really skeptical on Tesla and it would be good to go up early and hit the Tesla store

Sweet Shark, any idea which one? i.e. will it be a newer one? Bringing a buddy to the auto show who is really skeptical on Tesla and it would be good to go up early and hit the Tesla store

Not sure. Didn't even think to ask, I was kind of surprised by the phone call. I just replied to the e-mail asking if she knows which one it will be. I'll reply with her response.

-Shark2k

Here is what she replied back with:
Yes, the beta vehicle that will be in the NYC store will be one of the newer vehicles that we unveiled at the Santana Row store a few weeks ago. The car that you will see in New York City is quite far along in its development stages and will be a refined beta vehicle.

If you are planning to visit the store, I would call ahead to just check in and see which vehicles they currently have. I would also suggest checking our Tesla events page regularly, as this is where you can find the most updated information about our showings. I think they actually pushed out the date to April 8th, but as I mentioned earlier, I would suggest calling ahead.

So looks like it might have been pushed to Sunday.

-Shark2k