Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob & Memory for Drivers seat and side mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 4 CT reservations and counting
Supporting Member
Dec 25, 2011
My mountain
Anyone know if this is going to be an available option? With the wife and I trading off driving it will be a huge pain to have to adjust a 12-way seat all the time.

I thought I read somewhere that memory of the drivers seat and mirrors would be tied to the key used? I could be smokin something though. Anyone, I really hope so and would pay extra for it.

Well that's the case on my Audi A4.
I have power adjustable seats, but the memory part is an extra option that I don't have.

I stand corrected as far as Audi is concerned. I just checked the configurator tools of both Audi and BMW as well as MB. Whereas Audi really offers the memory function as a separate extra, BMW's power adjustable seat option comes with memory. Same goes for MB. (I always checked the lower range models - 3-series, A4 and C-class respectively, as I think those are the models where you still have to pay extra for such an amenity)

Last edited:
That's what I remembered too. As the door handle pops out when you approach so does the mirror, seat and steering wheel adjust.

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if both owners, with their keys, sit down in the front seat? Will the car notice my wife's key and forcefully smack my chest up against the steering wheel? :smile:

Playing devil's advocate, what happens if both owners, with their keys, sit down in the front seat? Will the car notice my wife's key and forcefully smack my chest up against the steering wheel? :smile:
What were you planning on doing in that same seat together anyway? I assume you meant one on the passenger side, one on the driver's side. I would hope/expect that the sensor for the seat adjustment only works on the driver's side sensor.

The car goes into party mode and both seat and seat back glide to appropriate distance from steering wheel so you can get busy. :)

Why you would chose the drivers seat with such a nice back seat is your business. :)

LOL!! too funny!

but to the OP, I heard that the seat memory was being bundled into the leather seat package, although I wish it was bundled with the tech package instead. Maybe you need both, but it seems like the tech package is more important. I don't see a reason why the microfiber seats can't have memory. What if I'm vegan and don't want to sit on cowhide?

I don't remember if the memory seats also meant memory side mirrors, but that would be ideal to have.

but to the OP, I heard that the seat memory was being bundled into the leather seat package

That's my recollection too. I might be wrong (Brianman has the snapshots of the webpage at various points in time to confirm or otherwise) but, at some point, the memory part was up on the Options page as part of the description of the Nappa Leather package. Not sure why it has gone for a walkabout since?

As for which key is sensed, we had discussed this in the past; it seems to vary slightly from car to car - from my wife's Mini to strider's Corvette - but, usually, the key closer to the driver's side kinda' wins.

I really think the tech package is worth getting. Especially for upgraded headlights.

And for the automatic keyless entry. And for the HD backup camera. And for the LED foglights. And for the power rear liftgate. And for the turn-by-turn nav with 7-years of free map updates.

I'd say it's about $1,250-$1,750 more than it should have been and is a very pricey option for those of us doing the math over and over again for the Model S but, it was indeed the first option that I thought of after the $750 metallic paint.

It'd show off and really make use of that 17" touchscreen.

I think if you're spending this much on a car, getting the tech package is the best thing to do in my opinion at least. I think most people would be disappointed without it. While it should have been standard, Tesla needed to hit their $50,000 target so maybe that's why it's not standard.